Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

CC Sphere softening image

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Roger BurtonCC Sphere softening image
by on Jul 26, 2012 at 11:26:43 am

Hi chaps, making a good old rotating globe and have a really big photoshop file, 16200 pixels across (because I have to zoom in by increasing the CCS radius to a small area of the earth) and CCS has softened the image, OK not a lot and I can live with it, after all CCS is doing a fantastic job of bending it round I can understand that there will be a trade off in quality I just wondered if anyone has found a way of minimising this ... I'm pretty sure there won't be but thought I'd ask ... thanks for taking the time.

Roger

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

keith mcgregorRe: CC Sphere softening image
by on Jul 26, 2012 at 3:57:44 pm

Well, I've got to a radius of 1500 and then I started to see your problem. (using a 5400 X 2700 pic here) If you can, use a cloud layer to hide a transition to a pre-comped flat version that you can then zoom further into when the sphere gets fuzzy. As long as you don't go too far beyond what the resolution will allow it should be just fine, and not fuzzy. But just as a test, try scaling it up in a normal comp to about the area you will move in to, or make it a 3d layer and use a camera, and see if it's as fuzzy or not. If it still is, then you need to get a more detailed photo or google map just for that area and find a place to hide your transitions. That's how it's usually done as far as I have found.
Hope this helps!
-Keith

Reality? What did you make it?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Roger BurtonRe: CC Sphere softening image
by on Jul 27, 2012 at 6:08:34 am

Thank you so much for your detailed and helpful response Keith, I'll try that and see if I can 'hide the join' - Regards Roger

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]