Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

Fixing 2 Seconds of Tracking. [Foundry - Camera Tracking Plugin]. Don't know where to start.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Brandon SmithFixing 2 Seconds of Tracking. [Foundry - Camera Tracking Plugin]. Don't know where to start.
by on Jul 17, 2012 at 10:43:47 pm

I created this in After Effects yesterday:

Plugin: Foundry Camera Tracker.

Notice that at around the 0:07 second mark, the 2D Neon Light wiggles a bit. The reason for this (I believe) is that my chosen tracking point moves off screen and is no longer visible. The problem is that from the first frame, there is no way to have one continuous tracking point.

I've tried manually adjusting the tracking path but have had nothing but problem after problem. If I could see the positional track created by the plugin, I might be able to fix those last few frames from wiggling and looking unnatural. If there is a way to create a new point-of-reference tracker to sort of "hand off" from the first tracked point, that would be better so I know it'll be smooth. I tried to remove the tracking points created after the primary tracking point went off-screen in hopes that the "wiggle" would be stopped, but that didn't fix anything.

Link to all project assets [27.5mb]: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-1pctiD8MvabXAtZUJWN05NZE0/edit

If you see a way how to fix it, please let me know. I'm relatively new to After Effects so if you wouldnt mind being gentle LOL!

Any tips appreciated. Thx!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]