Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

Element 3D crashes AE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Bud SolemElement 3D crashes AE
by on Jul 12, 2012 at 1:16:25 am

AE crashes every time Element 3D effect is used/applied. All graphic card drivers and cuda updated.
Is anyone having success using this new effect/software?

System: Mac Pro 3.1 Quad-core 2.8 GHz, OSX 10.6.8, 10 GB Ram
Nvidia Quadro 4000 for Mac, CUDA 4.2.10, GPU driver Version: 1.6.37.0 (256.02.25f01)

Thanks!
Bud

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Joseph W. BourkeRe: Element 3D crashes AE
by on Jul 12, 2012 at 1:56:41 am

Hi Bud -

I purchased it yesterday, and have not had a problem yet, other than having to install the Motion Graphic Pack a second time for it to show up in the Element folders.

That said, my frame of reference (hardware anyway) is different, since I'm running Element on a quad core PC with 8GB of RAM - I thought it would be a bit weak for CS6 and Element, but it is working quite well.

Have you logged on to the support site yet? There are a lot of people weighing in on the successes and problems - there may be one who shares your problem. Sorry I can't suggest specific help.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Bud SolemRe: Element 3D crashes AE
by on Jul 12, 2012 at 2:18:30 am

Hi Joe,

Glad to hear someone is having success. What windows operating system and graphics card are you using?

Thanks,
Bud

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Craig WallRe: Element 3D crashes AE
by on Jul 12, 2012 at 8:13:17 am

I spent about 3 hours w/it last night and was very impressed. I have a Mac Pro 2009.

I crashed twice, but I'm not too surprised at that. It's release 1...and OpenGL is inherently tricky, esp. on Macs.

I'd not hesitate to use it on a project right now....but I'd save like a madman.

Life is full of funny particles.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Joseph W. BourkeRe: Element 3D crashes AE
by on Jul 12, 2012 at 3:17:52 pm

Hi Bud -

I'm using Vista Business 64-bit, and an Nvidia GeForce GTX-260 with the latest version of the drivers (301.42).

If you're watching the whole "official" Nvidia card for CS6 discussion, you may notice that many people claim to have "hacked" their Nvidia list (which is just a text file), and are having success with it. I'm one of them. Here's a link to a recent blog post of mine that gives the details:

http://bourkemedia.com/cs6-nvidia-card/

It was simple, but you had to follow the directions to the letter.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Element 3D crashes AE
by on Jul 12, 2012 at 6:27:57 pm

There's an update for Element 3D - Element 3D Ver 1.0.322

Cheers
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Tom DaigonRe: Element 3D crashes AE
by on Jul 13, 2012 at 6:25:22 pm

Trying out E3D1.0.322 on brand new HP Z820. I was following along with the extrude tutorial. After setting things (extrude,bevel,etc) up I exited back to AE and set final key frames for Scatter, Rotation, etc at 4 sec. Then went to the beginning of the timeline and changed the values on those same parameters. I had Multiprocessor on and the program crashed hard when I hit 0 to ram preview.

Tom Daigon
PrP / After Effects Editor
http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com
HP Z820 Dual 2687
64gigs ram
Caligit HD Pro 2 16TB.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

David CabestanyRe: Element 3D crashes AE
by on Sep 7, 2012 at 6:01:30 pm

I have the latest update for element running on Snow Leopard and I haven't been able to use it once, it always either crashes or displays an openGL error message

I can't even open the project to delete the layers that have Element applied to them and continue working.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Tom DaigonRe: Element 3D crashes AE
by on Sep 7, 2012 at 9:51:30 pm

Try unchecking the GPU option then access the GUI and see what happens.

Tom Daigon
PrP / After Effects Editor
http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com

(Best viewed at 1080P and full screen)
HP Z820 Dual 2687
64GB ram
Dulce DQg2 16TB raid

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

David CabestanyRe: Element 3D crashes AE
by on Sep 8, 2012 at 2:13:23 pm

Tom, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't unchecking the gpu is only available on CS5? If I can uncheck it on CS6 could you tell me where?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Post removed.

Edwin PieroelieRe: Element 3D crashes AE
by on Nov 21, 2012 at 2:23:58 am

The original message was posted in July and I just want to send a sound out to anyone having a similar problem in November - I had the same problem of Element 3D crashing after upgrading from CS4 to CS6, emailed the customer service at videocopilot and within 48 hours they had fixed the problem (sent me a new dmg file).

For anyone needing the same assistance, try: Support

cheers from Jakarta.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]