Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

After Effects - Making an object disappear

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Helgard WernerAfter Effects - Making an object disappear
by on Jun 7, 2012 at 2:04:25 pm

Hey guys, really need some help on this one. What I have is footage of someone in a chair and a door behind him. The camera then changes depth of field from the actor to the door.

Now what I need to do is make the handle disappear. Anything to make it look like there is no handle on the door.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Syed Sharif AbdulRe: After Effects - Making an object disappear
by on Jun 7, 2012 at 4:11:29 pm

if u can upload still picture of it then maybe we all can help :)

Regards,
AESheriff
http://aftereffectbasic.blogspot.com/

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Helgard WernerRe: After Effects - Making an object disappear
by on Jun 7, 2012 at 5:49:23 pm

Well to be honest I don't have it yet, it still has to get shot, we just figured out all the angles and stuff. Basically it's the actor on the left of the frame, with the door behind him, when depth of field changes we see the handle disappear. It will be a rather static shot. So any help would be great. It's a sci-fi, so any cool tip or trick to make it look like the handle disappears would really help me.

Thanks!!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Spencer TweedRe: After Effects - Making an object disappear
by on Jun 7, 2012 at 9:03:45 pm

If its static what you do is export a still from when the door is in focus and bring that into Photoshop. Then in Photoshop you clone out the handle. Now pull that back into After Effects and put a mask on the layer so that it is only on top of the handle part of the door.

At this point the handle has disappeared! But now for the annoying part... You need to match the rack focus by putting a "Camera Lens Blur" plug-in on your .psd layer and tweaking the settings until it looks right. Everything up to this point should take you 15 minutes max, but animating your rack focus can take a bit - depending on how picky you are.

Possibly check out this video to see if it helps you at all: http://www.videocopilot.net/theblogshow3/nice-rack-focus/

Hopefully that was clear...
- Spencer

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Helgard WernerRe: After Effects - Making an object disappear
by on Jun 9, 2012 at 8:13:47 pm

Cool thanks Spencer, I will try that!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS