Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

Free Upgrade to CS6 Not Working

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Jim PrisbyFree Upgrade to CS6 Not Working
by on May 16, 2012 at 11:31:39 pm

Recently purchased CS5.5 Production Premium so I could get CS6 Production premium upgrade for free. Got the email from Adobe to download CS6 production Premium for free today but it keeps charging me $375 for the upgrade, Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks,
Jim

Intel 2.67GHz Core2 Quad CPU.
8 GB RAM
NVIDIA GForce 8800GTS 320MB RAM
Windows 7 64bit

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

David CabestanyRe: Free Upgrade to CS6 Not Working
by on May 17, 2012 at 4:44:48 am

At least you got the email, I'm still waiting, upgraded to CS5.5 for the very same reason.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

David TunnellRe: Free Upgrade to CS6 Not Working
by on May 17, 2012 at 5:22:56 pm

Had the same problem, went round and round with customer service and got nowhere.I was seriously ready to request a refund. Then last night in one last attempt on a different computer a screen came up that asked me to choose a store, it had pull downs and I chose my country United States and then in the second pulldown accidentally chose the first option, Home/Office I think, once I did that, then a page came up with all of the products, I chose "Upgrade" on my product and this time it went into the shopping cart with the upgrade price slashed out and zero total and I was able to complete the upgrade.

I don't know wht they have to make this so difficult.

Thanks,

David Tunnell
TunnellVision Productions

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 17, 2012 at 6:15:13 pm

here's the chat i had a moment ago with adobe, regarding the upgrade:

Thank you for choosing Adobe. A representative will be with you shortly. Your estimated wait time is 0 minute(s) and 4 second(s) or longer as there are 1 customer(s) in line ahead of you.

You are now chatting with Vijay Kanna .

Vijay Kanna : Hello! Welcome to Adobe Customer Service.
Vijay Kanna : Hi David.
Vijay Kanna : May I please have your email address registered with Adobe while I review your request?
david: elcabes@gmail.com
Vijay Kanna : Thank you for the email ID.
Vijay Kanna : I see that you are trying to claim the complementary upgrade to CS6 and need help, correct?
david: yes
Vijay Kanna : Okay.
Vijay Kanna : I will be glad to check and help you.
Vijay Kanna : May I know if the CS5.5 was a direct Adobe purchase?
david: yes
Vijay Kanna : Okay.
david: do you want the order number?
Vijay Kanna : Did you receive an email from Adobe stating that you are eligible to get the complementary upgrade with the coupon code?
david: no, thats the email im waiting for
Vijay Kanna : Oh Okay.
david: i bought it on the approved timeframe, may 2nd
Vijay Kanna : David, Adobe has just started to send the email finding the customer who are eligible to get the complementary upgrade.
Vijay Kanna : Hence, I request to wait for 2 more days and get back to us if you do not get an email confirming the coupon code to claim the upgrade to CS6.
david: but i thought i was supposed to receive the email on the may 16, ten days after the release of cs6
david: today is 17th
david: and i know of other people who got it already
david: why i havent gotten mine?
Vijay Kanna : Yes, it was earlier said that the emails will arrive 10 days after the CS6 starts to ship approximately.
Vijay Kanna : I would like to inform you that Adobe has just started to send the email to customers and you will also receive it in 1 to 2 days time.
david: isnt that like an automated process and everyone gets it at the same time?
Vijay Kanna : No, its not like what you think. The email will be sent automatically according to the date of purchase.
david: oh i see
Vijay Kanna : The customer who are eligible according to the date which is much before than the date that you placed with receive the email first.
david: is there a way to speed up the process? I need to make use of some features available in cs6
Vijay Kanna : David, as you know this is a automated process according to the date of purchase and we will not be able to expedite this process.
Vijay Kanna : However, you can try the free trial for now and use the serial number to convert the free trial to paid version when you receive the actual product.
david: will i have a different serial number from the one i have on cs5.5?
david: also i thought trials are missing some components (after effects plug ins and stuff like that)
Vijay Kanna : No, the free trial will have all the features that the actual application has and you will get a new serial number for CS6.
david: ok

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Tony ConnolyRe: Free Upgrade to CS6 Not Working
by on May 17, 2012 at 6:27:10 pm

I thought the date was actually May 25.

Do they realize that they are making people annoyed for no good reason at all?

I have gotten several emails on how to make the most of my CS6 trial.

What's the genius idea behind making people antsy?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 17, 2012 at 6:33:53 pm

"Who's on First"

I had one support person just close the chat, then yesterday, after waiting 5 1/2 hours for a call back, got a lady i could not hear she spoke so quiet and then .... after asking her to please speak up she hung on me.

Thanks,

David Tunnell

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 17, 2012 at 10:46:47 pm

I watched Contagion last night on Netflix, people received their vaccines after a random lottery was held based on their birth dates. Adobe's lottery is based on our purchase dates instead.

That's gotta be the nerdiest comment today on the COW.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Colin McQuillanRe: Free Upgrade to CS6 Not Working
by on May 18, 2012 at 4:56:39 pm

Having the same issue (currently on hold with customer support) My e-mail link took me to a page stating the code was invalid.

After an initial call to support a few days ago and exhausting all of the steps laid out in the support page for this issue:
adobe.com/go/pa
I contacted support again.

Support has come back on the line and their resolution was to place a new order for the product and now I have to wait an additional 5-7 business days for the order to be processed/completed. :-/

Colin McQuillan
Vancouver, B.C.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 18, 2012 at 5:13:34 pm

I had the same problem with the link

"a page stating the code was invalid."

Try clearing your browser cache and the try the link again, if you get to the page that asks you to choose your country and store, then choose the first option, then click upgrade from for your product. When I did that I got the upgrade with the $0.00 total.

The D$%^ed discount code is hard coded in the link.

Dave

Thanks,

David Tunnell

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 18, 2012 at 6:15:42 pm

[David Tunnell] "Try clearing your browser cache and the try the link again, if you get to the page that asks you to choose your country and store, then choose the first option, then click upgrade from for your product. When I did that I got the upgrade with the $0.00 total."

Yeah.. did all that - cleared my cache, cookies... made sure I was going to the right store... Nothing worked. As I mentioned above, the service rep created a new order for CS6 Production Premium in my account. I now see the order in my profile, but the D/L link is not active. He said it would be 5-7 days before the order would clear...

Colin McQuillan
Vancouver, B.C.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 18, 2012 at 6:34:43 pm

AMAZING!!! Geez.

Thanks,

David Tunnell

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 18, 2012 at 5:21:26 pm

So I should be happy that I did not get my email yet?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 18, 2012 at 5:30:34 pm

Blows my mind how bad their customer service is. BUT, it seems they are overwhelmed with this very issue. My callback time was 5 1/2 hours.

Long ime since I have been this angry.

Thanks,

David Tunnell

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 18, 2012 at 6:37:00 pm

I first called a few days ago do deal with my issue... They told me it would be 2 business days before I heard back.. I waited until this morning and called them to see where it was at.. the result of that conversation is above..

Why do they insist on making these types of promotions soo difficult - it only hurts their reputation (and in some cases my pocketbook).

It reminds me of when Adobe screwed me out of ~$200 a few years ago.. They ran a promotion for a FCS cross-grade to I believe CS2 or 3 Production Premium. The deal was purchase the suite and get I believe it was a $200 rebate in the mail once you provide them with a copy of your FCS serial #.

I did so and never heard back.. I started making calls and eventually got either a call or email stating my claim could not be processed. After more calls I was finally told someone else had registered a cross-grade with my FCS #. I told them whomever did, did so fraudulently as I was the owner of that number and could prove so with my original sales receipts or anything else they needed... After another call or two they changed the tune to tell me because i was located in Canada I was not eligible for the rebate... even though I bought the product in the "NORTH AMERICAN" store and nowhere did it say the offer was only valid in the US. I then offered them an address I have in San Diego which led to more run around after that.. I eventually abandoned the quest for the $200 as at that point it had already cost me so much time, effort and aggravation.

Colin McQuillan
Vancouver, B.C.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 18, 2012 at 6:48:12 pm

Needless to say that left a very sour taste in my mouth.. Felt like they reached right into my wallet and pinched a couple hundred bucks from me.. Makes me cringe every year or two when I have to shovel over more $$ their way.

Colin McQuillan
Vancouver, B.C.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 18, 2012 at 6:57:57 pm

This was the first time I went through this, but it was not fun and I was stunned that it was this screwed up.

Thanks,

David Tunnell

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jim PrisbyRe: Free Upgrade to CS6 Not Working
by on May 19, 2012 at 6:17:50 pm

Good News!!!
Thanks to David Tunnell's reply above I finally got my free CS6 Production Premium download. I first switched to a different browser that I knew had never been to the Adobe website before. When I clicked on the Adobe email link it took me a site to choose my country and eventually to the North American Store. There I chose upgrade and add to cart. The cart indicated a $375 charge but also a -$375 Promotion so the total was $0. I also went back to my regular browser and cleared the cache and then that led me to the same place. So it is a cache issue. You do have to select to download it, Over 6 GB to download. You also have to give them your credit card number. All is finally well :)

8 GB RAM
Windows 7 64bit

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 19, 2012 at 8:42:59 pm

Success!

Thanks,

David Tunnell

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 20, 2012 at 11:58:14 am

Still haven't gotten the email.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 20, 2012 at 1:28:59 pm

That is FRIGGIN amazing! If you just bought post release you would have it already. I just got my survey from Customer support and I slammed them.

Thanks,

David Tunnell

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Andrew SteacyRe: Free Upgrade to CS6 Not Working
by on May 21, 2012 at 8:08:01 am

Same boat here, still waiting for my email. When did you order yours? I ordered mine April 4th and still haven't got an email yet. So if they are going off your purchase date, they must have a massive backlog of people who took up their offer.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 21, 2012 at 12:07:31 pm

I purchased on May 4.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 21, 2012 at 12:25:58 pm

I called and politely asked about the upgrade. Rep said they're still on time "because they have until May 25". I politely why it takes so long and whether she was sure.

She hung up on me.

I called again and told the new rep what happened. He is checking why I haven't gotten the email yet.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 21, 2012 at 12:34:38 pm

Between the two calls, 30 minutes of my time wasted.

The second fellow spoke to "another department" and said they will put my name on a "priority list" so I will get the email within "a couple of days".

This is simply bizarre.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 21, 2012 at 1:23:25 pm

May 25th is within "a couple of days" anyway. lol

I suppose I'll have to just sit tight and give Adobe the benefit of the doubt, but if May 25 rolls around and nothing comes of it. I'm not gonna be happy, because it shouldn't be -that- hard to send out the emails, even if there are a lot to send. They are just emails after all.

Also, colour me stupid, but I didn't know Adobe had a phone number. I always thought they were one of those companies that aren't run by humans, rather some sort of automated machine with no way to contact them.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 21, 2012 at 1:34:41 pm

Purchased mine on April 27th, got the email on May 15th.

Once I got the email, the link didn't work properly. This resulted in 5 chats and two phone calls with Adobe Customer service.

On two of the Chats, after going round and round in a conversation where they kept asking the same questions over and over the reps just closed the chat, then I got an email that the problem was considered solved.

On the phone calls, the first one ended with the rep saying she was bumping my problem up to another support level and I would get an email within two days, that case is still sitting open on my account "pending Adobe response."

On the second call, the first guy listened and said thet I had a faulty link and then abruptly transferred me to a woman and I could not hear her, she was very soft spoken. After explaining that I could not hear her, she hung up. A few minutes later, I get an email that the case was considered solved.

It was then that I was so angry I was preparing to request a refund, then I tried the link on another machine with a browser I had not tried and was able to get to the "choose your store" area and by some miracle completed the transaction.

But, I certainly hope I never have to interact with Adobe support again. It was terrible! I don't understand why they couldn't have simply sent a coupon code in each email that you paste in the coupon field on the order page.

Thanks,

David Tunnell

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 21, 2012 at 9:08:29 pm

So frustrating.
I just called Adobe AGAIN, to see why I still haven't received my email, after they said I would be getting it within two days, about five days ago.

The guy said I still need to wait until the 25th, and that's pretty much my only option. After that he just hung up.

So disappointed at Adobe right now.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 21, 2012 at 10:34:14 pm

This is amazing.

Thanks,

David Tunnell

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jim PrisbyRe: Free Upgrade to CS6 Not Working
by on May 22, 2012 at 3:36:27 am

Lo and behold...Adobe sent me this email, they must have read this post.

"Thank you for contacting Adobe via email. Unfortunately, your message was sent to a post-only address that is not able to process individual replies. If your inquiry relates to a product upgrade price reduction to $0.00, please try the following:

Resolution 1 - Refer to the original email. Copy and paste the link into your browser, then continue with the steps outlined in the original email. (The promotion code is contained in the URL.)
Resolution 2 - Clear your cache and cookies, close the browser, then click the link again.

To contact Adobe Customer Service in the US and Canada, please call 800-833-6687, or visit http://www.adobe.com/misc/comments.html for detailed instructions on how to get in touch with us."

8 GB RAM
Windows 7 64bit

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 22, 2012 at 6:25:28 am

If only I had an original email :'(

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 22, 2012 at 11:50:48 am

If this were a widely used application like facebbok, Microsoft oe Facebook, this fiasco would make national news.

Thanks,

David Tunnell

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 25, 2012 at 4:21:03 pm

The 25th arrived and I still haven't gotten the email. The live chat option at Adobe.com has been disabled for a few days now.

Anyone else still waiting for their email to arrive?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 25, 2012 at 7:26:23 pm

I chatted with them today and got promo code that way. (I never did get the email.) Why do you say chat is not available?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 25, 2012 at 7:59:37 pm

The chat option is not available for click when i go to the contact adobe page.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Kent WallisRe: Free Upgrade to CS6 Not Working
by on May 28, 2012 at 2:45:04 pm

I finally threatened to file a BBB complaint and got the email the next day but nothing happens when I use the promo code. The only thing the chat support person could suggest was to get the upgrade by visiting a Retail store which is ridiculous as the first line of the email is: please visit the below link to claim the free upgrade to Production Premium CS6.

I'm not surprised though...if you want nightmares give this Adobe Customer Service rating thread a look:

http://www.customerservicescoreboard.com/Adobe

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 28, 2012 at 3:06:34 pm

Did you try clearing your browser cache, then clicking the link, it should then take you to the page where you choose your country and store. when choosing your store choose the first option, then it should work.

If, that doesn't work, try downloading a completly new browser like that you don't already have.

The problem appears to be that stupid embedded code and that it doesn't translate if you have already visited a store.

Once I got to the page to choose the store it worked.

Thanks,

David Tunnell

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 28, 2012 at 3:32:34 pm

I did try using IE rather than Firefox and had the same problem. I'm using NO Script on Firefox and find that causes problems but IE not working either. I tried chat Sales support again and this time the rep transferred me to chat Customer Support and after going around in circles for awhile he said he would do it for me. Took him a couple minutes. Fingers crossed:

Kent, I have successfully placed the order you and the order number is ********* for Adobe Creative Suite 6 Production Premium upgrade.

24 to 48 hours to process though and he also took my phone number so we'll see in a day or two.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

John DavidsonRe: Free Upgrade to CS6 Not Working
by on May 31, 2012 at 10:54:31 pm

I'm still waiting as well. Nothing like giving your customers an anxiety attack every time they open your software. I keep thinking that if I wait long enough they'll get it to me, but clearly that won't be the case.

This should have been very smooth and simple.

John Davidson | President / Creative Director | Magic Feather Inc.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 31, 2012 at 11:06:50 pm

This is getting really dumb! I feel for you man!

Thanks,

David Tunnell

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 31, 2012 at 11:24:50 pm

Thanks.

Just sat on web chat for 30 minutes to be told that I should receive an email about my conversation in three days.
Apparently my situation is being escalated. 9 days left on the trial.

Maybe we need a Adobe support support forum?

Sigh.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jun 5, 2012 at 6:21:50 pm

3 days or so left on the trial. They never called me or anything after sitting and filing a escalation report with their support, unless you count the email I just got saying "Don't let your trial expire. Buy Today!"

I guess I wasn't under enough stress.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jun 5, 2012 at 9:55:33 pm

Just lovely. Instead of a digital download the guy processed it as a box set to be shipped which takes 5-7 days. Its been more than 7 and still no box. I never did received the confirmation shipping email they said I would take 2-3 days. Plus they are ignoring my Support requests asking about shipping status. I'm not even sure its coming. I finally went through with a formal BBB complain and would urge the rest of you to do the same. It may not change things but they have a B+ rating and deserve much worse!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]