Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

Keyframe question in After Effects!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Thomas JohansenKeyframe question in After Effects!
by on May 6, 2012 at 3:47:35 pm

So, im making a musicvideo like this;

Except that im trying to make the picture in the middle pump to the beat! I have converted the audio to keyframes, and connected the picture scale with the both channels effect in the audio amplitude. But what i want to do with it, is to limit the the way its pumping. Because now, it zoomes out of range and suddenly comes back into range rapidly, but i only want it to be a controlled bounce! Any tips?

P.S: Sorry if this is bad described, wrong with the title or anything! Im pretty new to After Effects!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

John CuevasRe: Keyframe question in After Effects!
by on May 6, 2012 at 5:45:20 pm

You could use the ease expression to limit the min and max of the zoom. Ease takes an input(in this case both channels) that has numbers from say 0 to 12 and converts them to other numbers say from 0 to 100 proportionally.

Alt click your logo layer's scale and try this expression:Min = [50,50];
Max = [100,100];
myMusic = thisComp.layer("Audio Amplitude").effect("Both Channels")("Slider");
ease(myMusic,0,30,Min,Max)

The Min would be 50% scale, the Max 100%(You can change these variables)

In my example the numbers 0 and 30 represent the low and high volume of the audio I was using. Select your both channels and using the graph bottom you can quickly see what the low and high volume points are and should change those numbers accordingly.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Thomas JohansenRe: Keyframe question in After Effects!
by on May 6, 2012 at 6:01:57 pm

Just what i was looking for! Thank you so much! :D

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Thomas JohansenRe: Keyframe question in After Effects!
by on May 6, 2012 at 6:03:58 pm

One more question. Is it possible to lock the pumping of the pictures to one certain BPM?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Darby EdelenRe: Keyframe question in After Effects!
by on May 7, 2012 at 3:27:09 pm

The audio layer should be driving the pumping the way you've described your set up, so if you're not getting the BPM that you want then you may need to start playing with the audio file.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]