Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

Blending shots without chroma keying?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Nacho FerrandoBlending shots without chroma keying?
by on May 1, 2012 at 3:07:04 pm

Hi folks, i have a big problem.
I´m compositing a shot for a short film we have to finish by tomorrow for our university, the crew gave me the shots today, they wanted the SAME effect that in Andrew Kramer´s Advanced Car hit tutorial.
The problem is they didn´t use the Chroma cloth, they totally forgot, so i only have the shot of the car and the shot of the hit. And we have to give it tomorrow, so there´s no possibility of shoot those shots again.

Is there anyway to blend these shots (they are same size and POV, made from a tripod) without cutting the guy frame-by-frame with the pen tool? I did it and the result is not so good, what can i do?

We are using After Effects CS5, if that counts for something.
Please! Anyone knows an alternative?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Darby EdelenRe: Blending shots without chroma keying?
by on May 1, 2012 at 5:01:47 pm

I'd try using a difference matte and roto in combination. Since the shot was locked down the difference matte should get you most of the way there. Use roto to correct for any holes.

Difference matte should give you good edge detail, roto for the broad strokes.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

Nacho FerrandoRe: Blending shots without chroma keying?
by on May 1, 2012 at 6:52:06 pm

It worked! It was kinda tricky to fix but...thank you very much, Darby! You saved my life :D

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]