Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

Tracking keyframes from Mocha - Reducing amount of movement

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Ashleigh WrightTracking keyframes from Mocha - Reducing amount of movement
by on Apr 30, 2012 at 10:43:46 am

Hi guys,

Hopefully you can shed some light on something I am having a bit of difficulty with.

I am working on a shot which features a cyclist and I would like to pin an object to the movement of the handle bars. The object appears to the side of the cyclist.

I have tracked the handle bars in Mocha and applied the necessary keyframes to a null which the object is attached to but the movement (which of course matches the movement of the handle bars) is too aggressive for what I am going for. Ideally I would like the object to appear as though it is almost magnetically attached, being slightly effected by the movement of the handle bars.

Is there a way to squeeze the keyframe amount down, or an alternative method for getting the look im going for? Hopefully that makes some sense! There may be something simple that Im missing.

Thanks in advance,

Ash

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Tracking keyframes from Mocha - Reducing amount of movement
by on Apr 30, 2012 at 2:45:29 pm

I'm having difficulties trying to understand your issue as I find your explanation of the situation having contradictory statements. I suggest that you post a before/after video if you want a definitive reply.

Cheers
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Ashleigh WrightRe: Tracking keyframes from Mocha - Reducing amount of movement
by on Apr 30, 2012 at 3:21:31 pm

Hey RoRK,

Thanks for your reply, I understand its a bit of a difficult one to get across.

I have attached a short video which may help to explain what I mean.

http://reels.creativecow.net/film/reduce-tracking-example

The handle bars of the bike have been tracked in Mocha and the data applied to a null, the first circle (the pin is formed of two circles with the beam effect attached to each) is attached to that null. What I would like to do is have the text moving in the same way, using the original tracking data, however the movement is too erratic so I would prefer to have reduced movement, one that gives the impression that the text is magnetically attracted to the handle bars, as opposed to being directly fixed to them.

I hope that helps to make sense of things, and I appreciate anyone taking the time to look.

Ash

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Tracking keyframes from Mocha - Reducing amount of movement
by on Apr 30, 2012 at 3:47:37 pm

Unfortunately the video isn't loading for me. However, I have a better idea of your issue.

Place the following Expression into a duplicate of the Null containing the tracking data. Link the Text to this Null and apply the following Expression to the Null's position property -

smooth(1,54)

Lower the first value AND/OR increase the second value to increase the smoothing results.

FWIW, the Smoother Animation Assistant is another option.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Ashleigh WrightRe: Tracking keyframes from Mocha - Reducing amount of movement
by on Apr 30, 2012 at 4:20:41 pm

RoRK,

Thank you very much! That certainly seems to have gotten me in the right place.

I think the video I posted is still being moderated so Im glad you were still able to offer your advice.

Ash

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]