Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

Urban Jungle done with AE and Mocha

COW Forums : Boujou

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Julius SmithUrban Jungle done with AE and Mocha
by on Apr 27, 2012 at 2:46:23 am

Hello...

I was wondering if anyone has seen this Urban Jungle footage done in After Effects and Mocha.

I have CS5.5 and mocha.Boujou is just way out of my budget.

Thanks

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Urban Jungle done with AE and Mocha
by on Apr 27, 2012 at 6:07:33 am

Hi Julius, did you have a question? If you're keen to know if mocha can track scene to obtain the required tracking data, then the answer is a resound YES! It's actually not too tricky - for the tracking.

The roto is the part that will slow you down but even then mocha's tracking + shape/spline export to AE will hugely beneficial.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Julius SmithRe: Urban Jungle done with AE and Mocha
by on Apr 27, 2012 at 1:13:40 pm

Thanks...

Yes the question is How do I do this with mocha...I watched the tutorial but they used boujou and was wondering if anyone has some tutorials with mocha instead.

Thanks!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Erik WaluskaRe: Urban Jungle done with AE and Mocha
by on Apr 27, 2012 at 5:22:59 pm

There are quite a few mocha tutorials out there. They may not show this exact scenario but if you learn the basic techniques I'm sure you can piece it together. There are a few here on the Cow and also check out imagineer's tutorials.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Urban Jungle done with AE and Mocha
by on Apr 27, 2012 at 6:35:07 pm

Hi Julius, as Erik, has pointed out, there are lots of mocha tutorials out there. I suggest that you start off by visiting http://www.imagineersystems.com/support/training . Start off with Steve Wright's tutorials. They will give you a good insight into how to work with mochaAE/mochaPro.

One advantage mochaAE/mochaPro has over boujou is that mochaAE/mochaPro will allow you to apply splines onto the guy walking in the scene. You can link the splines to tracks that you have conceived within mocha, and then export these splines as a mochaShape Layer or as AE masks.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Brian CharlesRe: Urban Jungle done with AE and Mocha
by on Apr 28, 2012 at 5:27:25 am

[Julius Smith] "I watched the tutorial but they used boujou and was wondering if anyone has some tutorials with mocha instead.
"

This tutorial? http://ae.tutsplus.com/tutorials/vfx/create-a-mograph-urban-jungle-day-2/

It uses Mocha, not Boujou

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Julius SmithRe: Urban Jungle done with AE and Mocha
by on Apr 29, 2012 at 1:21:43 am

Wow great find Brian...I almost lost hope.
Thanks for that.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Ross ShainRe: Urban Jungle done with AE and Mocha
by on Apr 30, 2012 at 7:35:11 pm

Just to add to this thread, that original "Urban Jungle" tutorial concept can now be solved without a dedicated 3D tracking software like Boujou.

New mocha AE v3 can easily solve this kind of 3D Camera motion, then copy/paste 3D Camera and Nulls to After Effects.

A tutorial that covers this concept:
http://www.imagineersystems.com/videos/mocha-v3-camera-solve-overview/view

So now the entire tracking and roto can be done in mocha AE v3.

If you own registered mocha AE that is bundled with AE CS4-CS5.5, you can upgrade at mocha-Pro.com

Hope this helps,
Ross

Ross Shain
Imagineer Systems
http://www.imagineersystems.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy