Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

how to precompose multiple 3D solids at one go?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
manojit ghosehow to precompose multiple 3D solids at one go?
by on Apr 25, 2012 at 8:34:24 am

hello everyone,

i have a comp with "n" number of 3D solids.
what i want is to nest each of them into their own composition with ["leave all attibutes" to the current composition] option. so i can change the content inside each independently.

any ways/script to do it at one go? (with having to manually nest each of them)

thanks
m.

MG

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: how to precompose multiple 3D solids at one go?
by on Apr 25, 2012 at 8:04:30 pm

You may want to check aescripts for that, but just in case you did not think about this option here it is:
Select 3d solid layer Alt click and drag over the footage or image you want to replace the 3d layer with- no need for a precomp. In case you really need a precomp, you can create a Master Precomp, the size of your 3d solid, duplicate that every time you want to replace a solid and apply the above mentioned Alt click and drag over.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

manojit ghoseRe: how to precompose multiple 3D solids at one go?
by on Apr 25, 2012 at 8:48:32 pm

hi ted,

i tried aescripts but unfortunately no luck yet! or maybe i didnt look well enough.

i am already using the method you mentioned. however since the source videos are of all different size, i have to manually scale most of them to match the original solid's size (which is basically a grid of solids). but i guess i will have to live with that.

but thanks for the reply :)

MG

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]