Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

CS4 AND CS5 OSX crashing on render, but PC is fine.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Chris WoodCS4 AND CS5 OSX crashing on render, but PC is fine.
by on Apr 24, 2012 at 3:19:14 pm

So I've tried different projects, different comps, different render settings and compression settings.

Both CS4 and CS5 crash when I hit render. It just says "After Effects is not responding" on the force quit dialogue. I get the spinning pinwheel of doom and the render bar doesn't move an inch. AFX is completely unresponsive.

It was working a few hours ago. I was rendering a bunch of stuff out on CS5 and then when I hit render after rendering 4 previous 2-second compositions, it crashed and hasn't been the same since.

When I move the projects onto my PC and hit render, everything is totally fine.

Can anyone help please?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Dave LaRondeRe: CS4 AND CS5 OSX crashing on render, but PC is fine.
by on Apr 24, 2012 at 4:36:02 pm

[Chris Wood] "Can anyone help please?"

It's going to be almost impossible without the proper diagnostic information. You'll find a list of the things to provide here:
http://forums.adobe.com/thread/961743

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Eric SantiagoRe: CS4 AND CS5 OSX crashing on render, but PC is fine.
by on Apr 24, 2012 at 6:42:47 pm

Could be the dreaded permission errors.
That usually bites me in the but here once or twice a year.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Chris WoodRe: CS4 AND CS5 OSX crashing on render, but PC is fine.
by on Apr 25, 2012 at 6:37:36 pm

What version of After Effects? Include the minor version number (e.g., After Effects CS5.5 with the 10.5.1 update).

CS4 and CS5 (not 5.5)

Have you installed the recent updates? (If not, you should. They fix a lot of problems.)

Installing now

What operating system? This should include specific minor version numbers, like "Mac OSX v10.6.8"---not just "Mac".

OSX 10.6.7

What kind(s) of source footage? When telling about your source footage, tell us about the codecs, not just the container types. For example, "H.264 in a .mov container", not just "QuickTime".

Apple ProRes 1080p footage (Proxy)

If you are getting error message(s), what is the full text of the error message(s)?

No error message, just hangs.

***UPDATE***

Every time I untick Memory and Multiprocessing, I get the same hang. How can I disable this?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Chris WoodRe: CS4 AND CS5 OSX crashing on render, but PC is fine.
by on Apr 25, 2012 at 6:50:10 pm

I gave it 5 minutes and it finally unfroze, with Memory blah blah unticked. Now it renders fine.

C'mon Adobe!

I have the same CPU and RAM in my PC, the same settings on my PC, and it works perfectly on my PC. What's the cheese?!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]