Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

Moving between MAC to PC

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
monica rubioMoving between MAC to PC
by on Apr 21, 2012 at 9:01:10 am

Hi everyone,
Very basic question. I am creating a project in AE 10.5 MAC and need to send it to animators working in PC. Is this possible.? I need to 'collect' the files with all the layers and send the project in a hard drive for them to do the animation. I am not an After Effects user but for this projects that is the workflow I have to use. Which is the best way to do it?
Any recommendations are welcome.
Monica

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

niccolo ungaroRe: Moving between MAC to PC
by on Apr 21, 2012 at 10:46:26 am

You will not have any problem at all.
Collect a folder with all the file & the .aep. ( On the menĂ¹ - File - Collect all files _ All )
That's all.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Darby EdelenRe: Moving between MAC to PC
by on Apr 21, 2012 at 6:57:12 pm

As long as the person receiving the file has the same or a higher version of AE as you saved it with, they should be able to open it.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Erik WaluskaRe: Moving between MAC to PC
by on Apr 21, 2012 at 11:44:00 pm

True, but if they have a newer version of AE than you have you might not be able to open the project when they hand it back, assuming that is the workflow. They will also need to have any third party plug-ins that you used, if any, and visa versa.

Another thing that might cause a problem is that if you are giving them a mac formatted hard drive they won't be able to read the files on a PC unless they have macdrive or similar software. I have macdrive on my PC and use a mac-formatted hard drive to exchange files with my mac at work and with files from my friends macs and it works great but it's about $50. You can format in FAT32 and both mac and PC can read that, but there is a 4GB file size limitation.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]