Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

Is there a way to setup AE so it always interprets the alpha of dpx rendered frames as straight ?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Elliott KajdanIs there a way to setup AE so it always interprets the alpha of dpx rendered frames as straight ?
by on Apr 20, 2012 at 12:03:11 pm

Hello people !

Im working on 3D intensive projects for TV, and all the renders I get from 3Dsmax (Vray) are in DPX and my project workspace is linearized.
Those DPX are rendered non-premultiplied so that I can avoid having edges when I recompose my beauty out of the dozen of Vray elements.

Problem is, each time I update the passes with newer renders, the alpha interpretation goes back to premult !! Im wasting hours just to reset the interpretation to straight :(

Does someone know if there is a way to force AE to interpret the alpha of any given footage to straight ??

Thanks folks

E.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

John CuevasRe: Is there a way to setup AE so it always interprets the alpha of dpx rendered frames as straight ?
by on Apr 20, 2012 at 4:37:29 pm

In this thread, near the bottom Walter Soyka discusses how to change AE's interpretation by editing the interpretation doc:

http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/2/992161#992188

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Elliott KajdanRe: Is there a way to setup AE so it always interprets the alpha of dpx rendered frames as straight ?
by on Apr 20, 2012 at 5:05:22 pm

Thank you very much John

I found the line that was causing me such a trouble :

# OpenEXR is premultiplied by convention
*, *, *, "oEXR", * ~ *, *, *, P, *, *

I changed it to

# OpenEXR is straight by convention
*, *, *, "oEXR", * ~ *, *, *, S, *, *

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>