Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

Combat visual FX advise

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Roger LindleyCombat visual FX advise
by on Apr 14, 2012 at 12:59:39 am

I'm developing an ultra-low budget war-themed feature that includes an Afghanistan firefight between a Marine squad and a few Taliban. We have budget for a couple of blank firing M4s and AK47s, ground and body squibs and grenade pyro. However, I want to simulate an incoming RPG with its tell-tale smoke trail. Anyone have advice on how to make that happen in AE?

Also, how do I create believable green and red tracers? I've done it before on another short film project, but it just doesn't seem to be all that impressive.

Thanks much,

Roger

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

John CuevasRe: Combat visual FX advise
by on Apr 14, 2012 at 5:44:27 pm

Check out these tutorials at VideoCopilot:

Blast Wave
Smoke Trails

List of Tutorials

You might want to look at 72-76, a series on a meteor crash and crater. Andrew often uses trapcode plugins, you can download demos of them. Good Luck with your project.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Roger LindleyRe: Combat visual FX advise
by on Apr 15, 2012 at 9:42:01 pm

THAT's what I'm talking about!

Thanks much for the recommend

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter