Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

Boujou to After Effects Basics

COW Forums : Boujou

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Stuart SamuelsBoujou to After Effects Basics
by on Apr 5, 2012 at 2:25:22 pm

Hi.

I'm trying to place some simple text in a shot that tracks in (in other words moves forward in Z space if you will) that appears to be stuck to the ground as part of the scene with the camera moves past the text.

I have tracked the shot successfully in Boujou and imported this into AE. I open the comp and place my original footage in there. I then create my text layer make it a 3d layer, copy the position info of the relevant null object and paste it into the text layer. This is where I'm getting lost...

How do I now make the text "stick" to the footage? The text moves with the handheld shake of the original footage which is good but it doesn't stick to the ground, it just hovers around and stays in the shot instead of moving out as the camera passes it.

I've done this before but can't for the life of me figure it out now. I've tried parenting the text to the null but this has no effect.

I hope I have explained myself clearly enough, my apologies if I've left out any info.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

Stuart.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Dan FredleyRe: Boujou to After Effects Basics
by on May 12, 2012 at 10:55:40 pm

Is the null in the spot you would like the text? If so, parent the text to the null and then type in zero for all position, rotation and orientation values. Then adjust the scale of the text as necessary.

Dan Fredley

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]