Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

Having an INPUT CONTRACT VIOLATION

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Ian DillonHaving an INPUT CONTRACT VIOLATION
by on Mar 10, 2012 at 1:48:57 am

I have AE 5.5 and all of a sudden when I try to copy several pre-comped layers of a comp I get an INPUT CONTRACT VIOLATION error and am asked to save the project as another then it quits. This happens every time I re-open and try to copy the layers.
I've tried replacing the footage with another type file (png to PS) and no luck. I've trashed the preferences, zapped the PRAM, repaired disc permissions and checked disc with utility.
Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.
Ian.

Mac Pro 2x2.66 GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon
8 GB Ram
Blackmagic Decklink Studio 2 Card

Playroom Creative
We are an Orange County Video Production and Marketing company.
http://www.PlayroomCreative.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Dave LaRondeRe: Having an INPUT CONTRACT VIOLATION
by on Mar 10, 2012 at 3:39:45 pm

I haven't heard of that particular error message before. But there are three easy things to try. See if one works:

Turn off multiprocessing. 8 gigs may seem like a lot, but not for AE. Personally, I wouldn't even try to use multiprocessing with anything less than 16 gigs.

Turn off Open GL acceleration for rendering. Adobe employees don't use Open GL acceleration for rendering, and you shouldn't, either.

If you're using stills, make sure they're RGB and not CMYK.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Andrew SomersRe: Having an INPUT CONTRACT VIOLATION
by on Mar 11, 2012 at 12:03:33 pm

Input Contract Violation? Well obviously your AE has gone on strike!!

But seriously:

You are not giving us enough information. What are the comps, what is in them, and what plug ins are you using?

As for RAM - 8 GB is not enough for useful multiprocessing on a quadcore - I'd suggest 16 at least.

Though Multiprocessing is used only when rendering (including RAM previews), it would not be an issue when making a copy of a layer.

Tell us more, and/or upload the project here.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Todd KoprivaRe: Having an INPUT CONTRACT VIOLATION
by on Mar 14, 2012 at 1:56:05 am

That error message indicates a badly behaved plug-in---nearly always a third-party effect plug-in.

So, what third-party effects are you using?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jan VorkRe: Having an INPUT CONTRACT VIOLATION
by on Jul 11, 2013 at 5:33:21 pm

Input Violation Contract errors occur to me all the time. They are annoying.
They occur when AE checks if all footage is still available.
I work a lot with C4D to render 3d scenes. Once imported the resulting .mov in AE, and placed in a Composition, AE thinks it owns the .mov. When I rerender the C4D scene (tweeking...), AE feels that there is something going on with the .mov, and gives an error.

It should just replace the footage by a placeholder and maybe give the usere a message, but now it's totally locked up with two errors: the Input Violation and this:
[/ae1200cs7_64/pro/ext/adobe/MediaCore/MediaLayer/ImporterHost/Make/Mac/../../Src/Importer/FileImporter.cpp-1241]

This stops when the C4D result is complete, but I would love to work in the meantime ;-)

More here:
http://jaydude-featurerequests.blogspot.nl/2013/07/after-effects-should-be-...

http://www.jaydude.nl

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]