Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

Converting Red RAW files to Prores HQ 422 using AE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
George AlexopoulosConverting Red RAW files to Prores HQ 422 using AE
by on Mar 7, 2012 at 6:09:25 pm

I've never dealt with RED raw files before and am trying to use After effects to convert them to ProRes422HQ. I am having a problem with a 10 minute shot - The files seem to be broken up in segments when I look at the folder I was given. But when I pull in the first .R3D file it seems the whole 10 minute clip lines up in my timeline. When I render it out all I get is the first 3 minutes of the clip. I suspect that it needs the other clips but when I bring those into AE each one of those shows up as duplicate of the first segment. Th problem is I don't know how to piece together the segments?

I am basically trying to convert all these clips to 1920x1080 ProRes HQ 422 clips so that I can edit with them. Is AE the wrong way to go about this - should I use the red cine program of FCP? I was told AE renders faster... Anyway, I've been looking around for answers and I have a deadline so any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Dave LaRondeRe: Converting Red RAW files to Prores HQ 422 using AE
by on Mar 7, 2012 at 6:27:22 pm

You ought to ask a guy who posted a little bit earlier in this forum how he converted red to hq. Just look a few threads down and you'll find it.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

George AlexopoulosRe: Converting Red RAW files to Prores HQ 422 using AE
by on Mar 7, 2012 at 6:28:06 pm

will do dave thanks

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jeff LesterRe: Converting Red RAW files to Prores HQ 422 using AE
by on Mar 11, 2012 at 10:21:33 am

I dont know if the program handles RED raw files, but MPEG Streamclip is free and it works great for transcoding h264 to prores 422 lt, hq, 4444, etc. I know it can handle multiple formats. You should definitely give it a try!

Member of iFrosh

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]