Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

Breathing Fire

COW Forums : COW - StockYard

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Scott O'HaraBreathing Fire
by on Feb 22, 2012 at 4:26:49 am

Hey all,

Wondering the best way to create someone breathing fire, and I mean blowing it out like a flame thrower. I was thinking it probably might be easier just to get some footage somewhere and just composite it in. Or should I use Particular or another plug in/combination of plug ins?

Thanks
Scott

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Breathing Fire
by on Feb 22, 2012 at 5:45:12 am

Stock footage using real fire is the best option, provided you can find something that looks like what you want. CG fire, especially create from AE still lacks realism.

You may want to start your search at the COW's new Stockyard site -> http://stockyard.creativecow.net/

HTH
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Breathing Fire
by on Feb 22, 2012 at 5:59:21 pm

Real footage of fire is still the best option. I do however like the presets in Particle Illusion, so you may want to check that.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Stephen SmithRe: Breathing Fire
by on Mar 8, 2012 at 6:03:47 pm

There is a whole collection of fire shot on the Red available on the COW. Check it out here: http://stockyard.creativecow.net/collection/181_Rampant-3K-Fire-and-Flames-...

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]