Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

Different ways to do this effect.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Simon RoughanDifferent ways to do this effect.
by on Feb 10, 2012 at 1:10:11 pm

Hello everyone.
take a look at this kinetic effect.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQmdFhTgpKo
How would you get this looking so dynamic?
I would guess with a time re-map, posterise time, an echo and perhaps ReelSmart Motion blur.
The shot is taken in 2 pictures, (foreground and background) and then th foreground is masked in.
Any other ideas?
Thanks
Simon

A picture is only as good as the glass it comes through. And the person using the camera has something to do with it too.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

stig olsenRe: Different ways to do this effect.
by on Feb 10, 2012 at 2:05:30 pm

What do you mean... it is shot that way. Low speed with controlled shutter and the the people up front are walking more slowly than normal.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Simon RoughanRe: Different ways to do this effect.
by on Feb 10, 2012 at 3:07:41 pm

I disagree. When you look closely, in the close ups, at second 12 and at second 16 for instance, you can make out the masking lines around the foreground subjects. I would say its been done with a computer controlled remote crane, and in 2 shots.
But Im interested in ideas how to get the effect.
Thanks for your input anyway.
Simon

A picture is only as good as the glass it comes through. And the person using the camera has something to do with it too.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

stig olsenRe: Different ways to do this effect.
by on Feb 10, 2012 at 3:33:58 pm

If it was shot with motion control they had to rotoscope all the movement in front, or shoot the foreground plate on greenscreen behind the actors.

An example -

Or simply watch the BTS-movie of requiem for a dream.

I think that one of the above is correct, and maaaybe they have (if its shot with motion control) put som extra motion blur on top of the background plate, but they can have this effect with simply working the shutter.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Cassius MarquesRe: Different ways to do this effect.
by on Feb 10, 2012 at 4:06:32 pm

you should try kronos from the foundry if you can... it interpolates frames on an accelerated footage and creates that kind of motin blur. OR at least close to it.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]