Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

3d fro PS to AE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
andrey Migalovich3d fro PS to AE
by on Jan 21, 2012 at 6:01:53 am

hi,
I created a 3d object in photoshop that contains video on it, the object looks great on photoshop & everything works fine.
when i add it to AfterEffects, the software becomes extremely laggy (my pc is very new and does not suppose to have these sort of problems) but the main problem is that even if i overlook the laginess, in some point during my work the object disappears from the composition, its still shown in the layers, but i cant see the 3d object in the work space.

i know its a bit complex, but maybe somebody can suggest something... thanks!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: 3d fro PS to AE
by on Jan 21, 2012 at 10:18:45 am

Unfortunately there is no good news. 3d PSD layers in AE slow down the software even on the fastest machines. In theory it should work great, but the reality is different.
I would recommend using Zaxwerks Invigorator Pro for any serious 3d work in AE. You can now link objects with 3d layers and animate using AE controls.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

andrey MigalovichRe: 3d fro PS to AE
by on Jan 21, 2012 at 2:52:04 pm

Thanks for the quick reply!
I'll try to find out more about Zaxwerks Invigorator Pro

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Andrew SomersRe: 3d fro PS to AE
by on Jan 22, 2012 at 7:31:00 pm

I agree - the PS 3D to AE is not a particularly useable solution, but Zaxwerks 3D Invigorator is quite reasonable in price, and very useable.

The one caveat is that 3D Invigorator does not integrate will with other 3D layers, and effects like Trapcode Particular (you need to use a few work arounds), and it does not do ray tracing. But otherwise is a joy to use and a very fast way to knock out basic CGI.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]