Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

How do I export a 1080p video for youtube?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Danny MulenHow do I export a 1080p video for youtube?
by on Jan 6, 2012 at 6:56:37 am

I've searched and searched but Ive yet to find anything that tells me how to tweak after effects to output 1080p video under YouTube's size limit. If I use the render queue my 1 minute video comes out 9GB. What do I for max youtube quality but correct filesize?!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: How do I export a 1080p video for youtube?
by on Jan 6, 2012 at 8:23:18 am

Render uncompressed out of AE (you may be able to use the file you already rendered). Then use Adobe Media Encoder to compress using a f4v/flv OR a H264 preset. Choosing a 2pass variable bit rate will give you better results.
You could also open the AE project in Encoder, choose the comp you need rendered, and then render out of Encoder to the preset of your choice.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Philip JohnsRe: How do I export a 1080p video for youtube?
by on Jan 6, 2012 at 12:38:05 pm

As above, or it depends - are you wanting to invest in good software for encoding? If so, what platform are you on? If on Mac, I'd recommend either Episode (http://www.telestream.net) or Compressor that comes with Final Cut Studio. The obvious answer is that you need to compress the video prior to uploading.

Philip Johns

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Danny MulenRe: How do I export a 1080p video for youtube?
by on Jan 6, 2012 at 6:06:41 pm

I'm on a Mac, I already have compressor but it's not working how I want it. What settings do I choose? It renders video that stops playing after a few frames and its the most frustrating thing in the world right now :/

Also what settings/filesize do I compress the video to?! i cant see myself uploading a gig through youtube?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Post removed.

Kevin CampRe: How do I export a 1080p video for youtube?
by on Jan 6, 2012 at 7:42:22 pm

youtube has a lot of good info for getting good quality for their setup. here's some basic info for frame size and bit rates (and other stuff):

http://support.google.com/youtube/bin/static.py?hl=en&topic=1728588&guide=1...

and there are plenty of links to more info there too.

another note for encoding to codecs like h.264, make sure that multi-pass (or 2-pass) encoding is selected. this will provide more efficient encoding and thus better image quality per given data rate than single-pass.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Kevin CaminRe: How do I export a 1080p video for youtube?
by on Jan 6, 2012 at 1:33:08 pm

I second everyone's responses. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I've never been able to get very good h264 transcodings from Adobe Media Converter. I've been very impressed with Quicktime Pro 7's h264s though. This would be a cheap option if you don't have Compressor.

I'm not entirely clear on how Youtube works, but I would give them h264 MOVs and let them do the only FLV conversion. I think they use a data rate of about 800 or 1000/kbs and it would be a shame to have your file go through 2 FLV transcodings (one by you and one by them). Someone let me know if I'm off base with these assumptions.

Best regards,

Kevin Camin

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

niccolo ungaroRe: How do I export a 1080p video for youtube?
by on Jan 9, 2012 at 1:00:11 pm

http://www.squared5.com/

A very nice, quick, easy & free way.
Regards
Nic.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy