Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

Getting New Mac Pro, need advice on configuration.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Richard WindsorGetting New Mac Pro, need advice on configuration.
by on Sep 16, 2011 at 2:11:15 pm

I am currently using a Mac Pro late 2009 8 Core system and the people I work for are offering to buy me a new system (which is awesome) and I wanted some opinions on what would be a better option.

I am gonna get another Mac Pro and my question is about Graphics Cards. Apple has and an option for Two ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB cards, or one 5870 GPU. I use dual monitors and I was wondering which option will be best for After Effects. What one should give me the best preview and render times.

Thanks

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Michael SzalapskiRe: Getting New Mac Pro, need advice on configuration.
by on Sep 16, 2011 at 3:04:09 pm

Graphics card makes precious little difference for After Effects.
If you're using Premiere, get something that works with the Mercury Playback Engine!!! You'll be glad you did. (It'll be an NVIDIA card; check the Premiere website for compatability).

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Richard WindsorRe: Getting New Mac Pro, need advice on configuration.
by on Sep 16, 2011 at 6:40:16 pm

Thanks...

I am using mainly Final Cut 7, and the new Final Cut (I like it, but it does need a lot of work before I bring over my whole workflow). So would I be better off spending the money on going from 2.6ghz to the 2.9ghz 12 core and adding in maximum amount of RAM. Also I think I might wait until they update the Mac Pro's with newer processors, that should not be too long I hope. Would kind of like a thunderbolt system.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Todd KoprivaRe: Getting New Mac Pro, need advice on configuration.
by on Sep 16, 2011 at 10:58:40 pm

There's information here that should be helpful:
"What computer and components should I buy for After Effects?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]