Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

Audio and Framing

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Nora WilliamsAudio and Framing
by on Jul 29, 2011 at 2:17:25 am

Good evening! I received an email this afternoon from a gentleman who is trying to learn more about After Effects, particularly audio wave files and how to "frame" the audio to work with key frames. He is facing not only a very short turn-around time, but some serious physical disabilities. I'd love to offer some direction, but I am painfully out of my league.

He didn't find any tutorials that fit his need, and, while he is getting both of our After Effects: The Next Levels, vol. 1 & 2, I don't know that they'll take him where he needs to go either.

Any suggestions on info on this topic? It would be much appreciated.

Nora Williams, DVD Sales, Creative COW

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Audio and Framing
by on Jul 29, 2011 at 11:37:59 am

Hi Nora, I'm unsure what you mean by here - [Nora Williams] "trying to learn more about After Effects, particularly audio wave files and how to "frame" the audio to work with key frames"

I'm guessing that he wants to use an audio file to affect visual-related properties on another layer - that's what most folks want when working with audio within AE.

Here are a couple of COW tutorials on the topic. If I'm off base, then let us know, with more specificity, what is required.

http://library.creativecow.net/articles/devis_andrew/audio-control-1.php

http://library.creativecow.net/articles/devis_andrew/audio-control-2.php

Cheers
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Asia.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Nora WilliamsRe: Audio and Framing
by on Jul 29, 2011 at 11:39:53 am

Sadly, I'm unsure too - just going on the phrasing in an email. I'll pass along your much appreciated info, and post more if I haven't addressed his issue with you help.

Thank you so much.
Nora

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Walter SoykaRe: Audio and Framing
by on Jul 29, 2011 at 2:11:43 pm

Nora, if you can find out from him what effect he ultimately wants to accomplish, I'm sure one of us can help.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy