Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

Delete/Replace Superimposed Image with tracking motion in After Effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
martin lentiniDelete/Replace Superimposed Image with tracking motion in After Effects
by on Jun 17, 2011 at 8:08:56 pm

Hi,
im from argentina so sorry if my english is not the best.

i need some help. I want to erase a soccer player from the field while playing the match. I used to track him and superpose some green solid rectangles to emulate the green of the field. I also used a color position to change the color of the solid while moving around the field. I used this also to take advantage of the low resolution of the video.

Now i want to do it with all of the players. Repeating the process is not enough because the green solid turns out to be very visible and not as if it was part of the field. Also, some lines start to appear (corner, latter, center of the field, short and long area) and i cant continue using the same method.

So i was just thinking if there is any tool that can take a sample of the part of the field while the player is not there and then use it to superpose it when the player appears on that place. Its more-or-less taking the same position of the field but some frames before and using it afterwards.

What do you think?? is this posible? Consider i have to do it for almost 20 players and 1 minute long ;)

Thanks !!!
Martin

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Delete/Replace Superimposed Image with tracking motion in After Effects
by on Jun 17, 2011 at 10:30:04 pm

SynthEyes does extract textures and rebuild background plates. Maybe you can use that.
If not, my other idea involves 3d camera tracking as well. Camera Tracker from The Foundry is a good tool.
You can paint the whole field in PSD, clean grass and marking lines. Then you would need also the side elements- advertising banners and whatever else the players overlap with. You would need to build the field and the surrounding area in 3D space in AE, match the position in every shot and apply the camera data from that shot to match the virtual set you made to the move in the clip.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Bill WilliamsRe: Delete/Replace Superimposed Image with tracking motion in After Effects
by on Jun 17, 2011 at 10:56:34 pm

Maybe Mokey?

vurb.tv

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

martin lentiniRe: Delete/Replace Superimposed Image with tracking motion in After Effects
by on Jun 18, 2011 at 1:53:39 am

hey thanks very much both of you.

I will try mokey first and then i let you know if it works :)

bueee...
martin

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Michal TrzaskaRe: Delete/Replace Superimposed Image with tracking motion in After Effects
by on Jun 18, 2011 at 4:31:15 am

I was thinking Mocha is the tool for this, or Mocha AE can do the same thing with a little Photoshop work but sounds like getting the pro version will make this job a lot easier

Michal Trzaska
Editor, Colorist, Director of Photography, VFX Artist and Motion Graphics Artist
MeHow Design
TV Commercials for your Google TV ads. Web Videos that get results

2011 Demo

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Ross ShainRe: Delete/Replace Superimposed Image with tracking motion in After Effects
by on Jun 20, 2011 at 9:31:51 pm

Please note that mocha Pro replaces mokey. Same functionality in a better interface and optimized for 64 bit.

Cheers,
R

Ross Shain
Imagineer Systems
http://www.imagineersystems.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

martin lentiniRe: Delete/Replace Superimposed Image with tracking motion in After Effects
by on Jun 21, 2011 at 4:34:14 am

;)

thanks...
i could download de Mocha 2.6
Watched all the tutorials and working with it.

Its just what i needed.

Thanks for the posts!
Martín

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]