Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SAN:SAN ForumSAN TutorialsApple Xsan Forum

Facilis Terrablock San System Feedback

COW Forums : SAN - Storage Area Networks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
scott blassFacilis Terrablock San System Feedback
by on Apr 30, 2008 at 3:30:11 pm

I was just wondering if anyone out their has any experience with a Facilis Terrablock San System. I am looking into getting one to use with FCP and 4 edit stations.......Feedback please negative or positive

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

john gyldstrandRe: Facilis Terrablock San System Feedback
by on May 1, 2008 at 10:31:35 pm

Scott,
downside: your upgrade path is either larger drives from facilis, or another facilis box. If you are cool with staying with facilis it isn't a problem, but if the you want to branch out to a file level system like xsan they have to sell the facilis or throw it out.

upside: it is a san in a box. once you plug it in you can start creating drives and working in a volume level san environment. It is just like sanMP or fibrejet except that the volumes are scalable, a major major benefit. It is the easiest out of box solution for a san available, and supports serious speed- something like 3 or 4 streams of HD.You can contact me at 714-374-4944 or e-mail me at johng@maxxdigital.com .To discuss this in further deatil and see what other options are out there for you.

All the best
John Gyldstrand

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]