Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

P2 clip ingest difficulties

COW Forums : Panasonic HVX - HPX (P2)

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Grant PeacockP2 clip ingest difficulties
by on Jun 17, 2012 at 1:37:02 pm

I have a multi-cam shoot that was put through a switcher and fed via HD-SDI to my HPG-20. The HPG-20 plays the switched feed, 10 min clip recording fine (A, V both good) but I am getting a red exclamation mark and 'Error : Unknown' in the Status column of Final Cut Pro 7.0.3 Log and Transfer.

I also note that the thumbnail in the FCP Log and Transfer window has a strong green cast on screen, compared to that seen on playback in the HPG-20.

What could I be missing here? I haven't found anything online that helps with this issue. P2CMS is all up to date, as is Final Cut Pro. Cameras were set to 720p60. The HPG-20 was set to record AVC Intra 100.

Grant.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Chris TompkinsRe: P2 clip ingest difficulties
by on Jun 17, 2012 at 3:49:19 pm

Did you off-load ALL the P2 Cards to the computer first?
Did you verify-copy like with software "ShotPutPro" or "P2CMS" ?

You may have a clip that is spanned cards...

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Grant PeacockRe: P2 clip ingest difficulties
by on Jun 18, 2012 at 12:33:12 am

Thanks Chris.

You are right - I AM seeing the spanned clips effect. After repeated efforts at ingesting, I'm now getting file versions with appended file names.

Is it best, in a case like this, to perhaps purge everything off the drive and attempt to ingest again?

Your approach - focusing on the spanned clips issue, would perhaps also explain the '?' status in the thumbnail view in the camera, which I also tried using as a playback/transfer device (but being an HPX-500, I also figured it may be precluded from playing back anything in AVC-Intra).

Grant.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Chris TompkinsRe: P2 clip ingest difficulties
by on Jun 18, 2012 at 10:54:08 am

Sounds like you're doubling up a bit on the files.
I would suspect some issues with the 500 and AVCiNTRA files as well.
Is this what you are using as a card reader then?

You might have a damaged clip w/ a "?"

If it is getting messy, then remove all and start over sure.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Steve EisenRe: P2 clip ingest difficulties
by on Jun 18, 2012 at 9:45:10 pm

[Grant Peacock] "Your approach - focusing on the spanned clips issue, would perhaps also explain the '?' status in the thumbnail view in the camera, which I also tried using as a playback/transfer device (but being an HPX-500, I also figured it may be precluded from playing back anything in AVC-Intra)."

The HPX-500 does not playback AVC-Intra. You will need the HPG-20, HPX370 or HPX250. Any P2 card reader will also work.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Creative Pro Users Group

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Grant PeacockRe: P2 clip ingest difficulties
by on Jun 19, 2012 at 1:05:39 pm

Steve and Chris,

Thanks both. The primary device here is the HPG-20 (which was also used to record this clip). Later, I simply tried the HPX-500 as an alternative, not really expecting that it could work with AVC Intra (and probably proved that it doesn't).

I feel that there is something I am missing in regard to the spanned clips issue, but nothing I have found online nor in manuals is helping. P2 is not easy to work with in situations like this (elusive solutions).

Thanks again for your input.

Grant.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Post removed.

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]