Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

WHY is FCP importing my 720p/60 P2 clips as 23.98?

COW Forums : Panasonic HVX - HPX (P2)

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Brad DeCeccoWHY is FCP importing my 720p/60 P2 clips as 23.98?
by on Aug 12, 2009 at 8:01:21 pm

I just spent 2 days upgrading from FCP 5 to FCP 7 because Apple and Panasonic said FCP 5 imported my clips improperly because FCP 5 wasn't strong enough to handle 720p/60 so it was just pulling it in as 23.98 because it was easier. So I just upgraded and it's doing the SAME thing. The clips are 59.94, it says so in the p2cms software and I don't understand why it won't come into FCP when the "easy set up" is set to 720p/60 and the sequence settings are right???

I have already put the client off for 3 days thinking this upgrade would solve this issue and now I'm screwed and out of ideas, can anyone please help? Thanks.

Cross Country Films
NYC

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jeremy GarchowRe: WHY is FCP importing my 720p/60 P2 clips as 23.98?
by on Aug 12, 2009 at 10:26:31 pm

[Brad DeCecco] "because Apple and Panasonic said FCP 5 imported my clips improperly because FCP 5 wasn't strong enough to handle 720p/60 so it was just pulling it in as 23.98 because it was easier. "

Yeah, doubt that.

Go to the log and transfer preferences and uncheck the 'remove duplicate frames and advanced pulldown' option and try the log and transfer again.

Easy setup has nothing to do with this particular kind of transfer.

If this doesn't work, your footage is in fact 24pN.

jeremy

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]