Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

p2 import button in FCP

COW Forums : Panasonic HVX - HPX (P2)

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Ryan Hansenp2 import button in FCP
by on Mar 18, 2009 at 7:36:47 pm

I have Final Cut 6 but my FCP does not have a "import p2" button, nor does it have it on the button list for me to add. Is there someplace where I can download the import p2 function for my FCP, can anyone help? thanks.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Dave NeymanRe: p2 import button in FCP
by on Mar 18, 2009 at 8:00:15 pm

It's in the File menu under Log and Transfer. We all went through the same thing when we upgraded.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Ryan HansenRe: p2 import button in FCP
by on Mar 18, 2009 at 8:09:56 pm

hey thank you very much. i'm getting into the p2 stuff so I haven't paid much attention to anything that has already happened. thanks again!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

joe andolinaRe: p2 & HPX170 doesn't mount for FCP importing
by on Mar 20, 2009 at 7:18:31 am

I'm personally having trouble getting my hpx170 to mount to my 2005 G5 (10.4.11). Didn't have trouble with a HPX200 I had rented for a project recently. But now that I received my HPX170, it seems the only way I can capture the footage is the old fashioned way, via firewire and Log & Capture. There don't seem to be any available drivers to be loaded that i can find, even through the Panasonic site. I went through all the steps. Made sure that the setting is set to 1394 Device b4 hooking up the firewire. It just plain old don't mount. So when I choose "Log & Transfer" in FCP 6.0, there is no recognition that the camera & P2 are there. Any suggestions?

Joe

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jan Crittenden LivingstonRe: p2 & HPX170 doesn't mount for FCP importing
by on Mar 20, 2009 at 1:39:31 pm

Hi Joe,

Go to http://www.panasonic.com/p2hd and look under the download area. You will find the driver you are missing there.

Good Luck,

Jan

Jan Crittenden Livingston
Product Manager, HPX500, HVX200, DVX100
Panasonic Broadcast & TV Systems

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Mar 21, 2009 at 3:57:58 am

Jim, I appreciate your response. I did download it, installed driver from the P2PCCard Install.pkg file. The mac did reboot. Still no luck. No mounting at all to my computer with theHPX170. Still doing everything the way instructed to do to make this process work, but still, nothing. Can only capture via Log and Capture. So I am baffled!

Joe

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Mar 21, 2009 at 4:41:54 am

sorry, meant Jan, not Jim :)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Post removed.

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS