Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

HPX-3000 DVCPRO HD 24p issue

COW Forums : Panasonic HVX - HPX (P2)

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Joe IncardonaHPX-3000 DVCPRO HD 24p issue
by on Aug 9, 2008 at 8:48:48 pm

Hello, can anyone help me help a fellow HPX-3000 user with this issue? We've not experienced this problem, as we have not shot anything for a client using the DVCPRO HD 1080/24p record mode on the camera. But I got an e-mail from a DP who had rented a 3000 and ran into this problem.
The issue is that (and I got someone at Panasonic to confirm this) when shooting in what the 3000 manual refers to as the "normal/pull-down recording" mode, in DVCPRO HD 1080/24p, you are actually getting 24p over 60i, meaning the video is interlaced.
The person who encountered this, and asked my opinion about it after the shoot, set the camera in this mode at the advice of a rental house. The DP in question was shooting in 24p because his client required it.
We have been shooting almost exclusively in AVC-Intra 100 (what the Panasonic manual refers to as the "native recording" method), at 24p and 30p. There is no pulldown used in this mode, as it is intra-frame compression.
The DP who asked for my advice says the footage he shot on a greenscreen shoot in DVCPRO HD 1080/24p is not useable for his client, because of the interlacing problem.
There are various solutions out there for removing the interlacing (FCP Studio Cinema Tools, AfterEffects, Sorensen Squeeze), but if anyone has one that works really well, it would be great to share it with us.
We have recently shot a video in New York using DVCPRO HD 1080/30p, which does not display any of the interlacing artifacting (especially scenes with a lot of motion in them). I'm not clear why the interlacing would be so visible on DVCPRO HD 1080/24p and not on DVCPRO HD 1080/30p.
I'm a little confused about all this, and wonder if anyone can shed any light on this.
Thanks!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jeremy GarchowRe: HPX-3000 DVCPRO HD 24p issue
by on Aug 12, 2008 at 2:23:27 am

If they have Final Cut Studio 2, removing pulldown in almost automatic in Compressor as it has a reverse telecine feature.

http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/8/995922

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]