Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Color Issue with HVX200: Right side is orange; Left side is Blue?

COW Forums : Panasonic HVX - HPX (P2)

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Matt SheridanColor Issue with HVX200: Right side is orange; Left side is Blue?
by on Jun 17, 2008 at 5:20:54 pm

We got back from a shoot using 2 HVX200s. One camera did well, the other did not. Check out this frame grab:

If you look close, the left side of the shot is more orange while the right side is more blue. Every shot from this camera is like this, but the other camera had the exact same settings and worked fine. No lens filters or anything were used. The camera were not mine nor did I ever operate them, so it's hard for me to guess what happened.

My question is, has anyone seen this before? Anyone know the cause? All I know is the camera in question was dropped from 6-7 feet before this shoot (no, I didn't know this before the shoot). I'm guessing this was the problem, but the cameraman is wondering if it may be a known issue with the camera. Thanks for any help.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Michael SacciRe: Color Issue with HVX200: Right side is orange; Left side is Blue?
by on Jun 18, 2008 at 12:30:24 am

I believe it is a know issue that if you drop the camera from a height of 6 feet there maybe problems.

Your pic is not showing up for me.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Matt SheridanRe: Color Issue with HVX200: Right side is orange; Left side is Blue?
by on Jun 18, 2008 at 2:09:37 am

Ha! That is exactly what I should email back to the cameraman...but I'm trying to hold my tongue and make sure it's not a common problem before I lose my cool. The guy is saying that he is now noticing the same color problem from a completely different camera that wasn't on our shoot, which is why I posted this 'issue'. Who knows, he could be right. I don't know much about this camera.

As for the pic, here's a link to the page: http://picasaweb.google.com/matt.team13/Random/photo#5212899239340269426

Thanks...

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Chris ClephaneRe: Color Issue with HVX200: Right side is orange; Left side is Blue?
by on Jun 18, 2008 at 3:27:33 am

2 HVX cameras. Never had inconsistent color issues. Indoor & Outdoor sports, boats on water, Green screen, mixed lighting, bright sunny days, dusk outdoors, studio shots, airborne shots from airplanes,

All types of shoots...all types of situations...no issues with color inconsistencies across the frame.

-C

I edit video. I post sometimes.
I fix things. I eat marshmallows.
I play drums. I drink scotch.
I like TV.

Done typing now.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Michael SacciRe: Color Issue with HVX200: Right side is orange; Left side is Blue?
by on Jun 18, 2008 at 4:38:22 am

I only own one camera but have rented what probably adds up to 12 or so different cameras and they all match up. This is not a normal thing.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jan Crittenden LivingstonRe: Color Issue with HVX200: Right side is orange; Left side is Blue?
by on Jun 23, 2008 at 11:43:52 am

Sounds like the CCD was possibly jarred when it fell. It can be realigned, but that isn't going to help your footage much.

Best,

Jan

Jan Crittenden Livingston
Product Manager, HPX500, HVX200, DVX100
Panasonic Broadcast & TV Systems

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Trey GregoryRe: Color Issue with HVX200: Right side is orange; Left side is Blue?
by on May 18, 2009 at 4:41:53 pm

I had a very similar issue with some footage from a shoot we did recently. However, our footage came out looking orange and magenta on the left and right sides. The camera operator claims that the EVF and monitor were NOT displaying this color issue. We know it's not a white balance issue, as this was a studio shoot and there were no mixed color temperatures.

If this is a "known issue" can someone please point me to a link that discusses this issue? I need to show that client that there is something wrong with their camera, and let them know what needs to be fixed.

Best-

Trey Gregory
ECG Productions - Atlanta
HD Production and Post
http://www.ecgprod.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy