Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

$700 a good rental price for HPX3000 kit?

COW Forums : Panasonic HVX - HPX (P2)

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Richard Shane$700 a good rental price for HPX3000 kit?
by on Jun 16, 2008 at 6:04:11 am

I'm debating buying an Hpx3000 package instead of renting it from various dealers in Los Angeles. Naturally, it's a big purchase and I'm thinking of renting out the package to other DPs when opportunities present themselves. Since I'm not a dealer with a dealer's support structure, I would rent the package out at a discounted rate.

So I'm wondering if others would find a rate of about $700 a day, including an ENG lens and p2 cards and battery, to be enough of a motivator for people. What do you think? Would that motivate you to rent an hpx3000 from a private third party? It would motivate me, but maybe I'm missing something.

Thanks!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Noah KadnerRe: $700 a good rental price for HPX3000 kit?
by on Jun 16, 2008 at 8:23:18 pm

It would greatly depend on the quality of the lens for that one. Also I'd rent it out as an owner/operator rather than the camera on its own. It's hard to compete with the services of dedicated camera houses and it's a big hassle to deal with theft and insurance just letting your kit out to anyone. Instead go with it and be a one stop shop. If they have a DP, offer yourself as a Digital Imaging Technician/P2 Workflow/Loader.

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color and Win a Free Letus Extreme.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook and Sound for Film and TV.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Helmut KoblerRe: $700 a good rental price for HPX3000 kit?
by on Jun 16, 2008 at 8:34:20 pm

That's exactly what I was thinking, actually: ie, either offering yourself out as the DP, or if they have one, then accompanying the camera as a data wrangler.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Post removed.

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]