Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Panasonic P2/FCP Import Issue clips get a "half circle" in P2 import window

COW Forums : Panasonic HVX - HPX (P2)

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
matthewkuborn Panasonic P2/FCP Import Issue clips get a "half circle" in P2 import window
by on Mar 10, 2007 at 7:36:03 pm

Hey Kids,

I am editing yet another feature shot on the wonderfully HVX200. I have started encountering an error that i have never seen before. I am downloading cards from a P2 store to my mac book pro. I have one 1tb lacie that is the editorial drive with my scratch and projects, media etc. and a second 1tb lacie with backups of the p2 mxf hierarchy. My issue arises when i import to FCP. The clips all play flawlessly in the P2 viewer/import window but upon import an occasional clip will not get a "full circle" to the left denoting it was imported and will get a half circle. In fcp the file plays like it is poor stopmotion, yet plays fine in the p2 viewer. I have tried repairing the card in camera, importing off the backups on the drive, off the card, etc. No use, plays fine in p2 window but just wont import into fcp. Has anyone seen this/solved it. Like i said i am on a MBP, fcp 5.1.2, hvx200

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Frank NolanRe: Panasonic P2/FCP Import Issue clips get a "half circle" in P2 import window
by on Mar 10, 2007 at 8:51:12 pm

A half circle denotes that only a section or part of the clip has been imported not the whole clip. So if you put in and out points in the logging window of P2 import then you would get a half circle.
As for the stop motion look you are describing, is the footage at 720/24PN? Do you have the "remove duplicate frames" box checked or unchecked in the P2 import preferences?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]