Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

DVCpro 50 decks

COW Forums : Panasonic HVX - HPX (P2)

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
doka15DVCpro 50 decks
by on Feb 16, 2007 at 4:25:58 am

This isn't P2 related but I got a DVCpro 50 tape today but don't own a deck. Tomorrow I'm heading to a friends place to record it to my laptop. The Deck has a Firewire out but it is the larger 6 pin like the kind of cabel you would use for an external firewire drive to your computer. Can I connect a that deck to my laptop using the 6 pin to 6 pin and transfer DVCpro 50 quality to my laptop? or is that port only for DVCpro 25?

Thanks.

-Lars

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Shane RossRe: DVCpro 50 decks
by on Feb 16, 2007 at 4:30:11 am

Nope...not only for DV25. Firewire works for DVCAM, DV25, DVCPRO 50, DVCPRO HD, HDV, XDCAM....

Shane

Littlefrog Post
http://www.lfhd.net

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

doka15Re: DVCpro 50 decks
by on Feb 16, 2007 at 4:48:58 am

Thanks, I looked at the deck today and was caught of gaurd a little because I was so use to the smaller 4 pin for the firewire devices. To see the larger 6 pin made me wonder if I could connect my Laptop right to it and record.

-Lars

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Barry GreenRe: DVCpro 50 decks
by on Feb 16, 2007 at 6:11:08 pm

Yes you can record directly from a DVCPRO50 deck, or directly to the deck. If they have a deck that has a firewire port, and you have an appropriate capture application (like FCP 4.5 or later, or Serious Magic DV Rack 2.0 HD) then you'll be able to capture that footage just like any DV footage.

-----------------
Get the most from your DVX camera. The DVX Book and DVX DVD are now available on ebay and at Amazon (http://www.fiftv.com/db)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Feb 19, 2007 at 6:12:45 am

Thanks Berry!

-Lars

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Feb 19, 2007 at 6:13:45 am

Opps, I ment Barry!

Thanks,