Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PHOTOSHOP:HomePhotoshop TutorialsForumIllustrator TutorialsPS BasicsPhotoshop PodcastPhotography Forum

Manually Merge to HDR

COW Forums : Digital Photography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Chris DortchManually Merge to HDR
by on Jan 19, 2009 at 7:13:42 pm

I want to combine several exposures into one HDR, but I don't want to use the functions inside of Photoshop (merge to HDR) or Photomatix. I would like to combine these images manually. How is this done? My thoughts...

Three photos on different layers inside of a 32 bit project of After Effects or Photoshop (first +2EV, second 0EV, third -2EV)
- Swith the blending mode to add and adjust the overall exposure down using an adjustment layer
OR
- Adjust the opacity of all layers (100/3 = 33.3; therefore each layer would be 33.33% opaque)
OR
- Is there another blend mode that would allow me to combine these exposures?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Zane BarkerRe: Manually Merge to HDR
by on Jan 23, 2009 at 5:35:06 am

Why do you not want to use the built in features of photoshop pr photomatix. The tone mapping features alone in photomatix are worth getting the app.

There are no "technical solutions" to your "artistic problems".
Don't let technology get in the way of your creativity!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Daniel LowRe: Manually Merge to HDR
by on Jun 19, 2009 at 1:07:49 pm

A bit late but this may help (The whole tutorial is good) but this is specific to you:

http://www.stuckincustoms.com/2006/06/06/hdr-tutorial-part-3/

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Post removed.

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]