Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE DREAMWEAVER:HomeDreamweaver ForumDreamweaver TutorialsFAQAdobe FlashWeb Design

spry menu in IE

COW Forums : Adobe Dreamweaver

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Gail Daigneaultspry menu in IE
by on Aug 2, 2010 at 9:48:21 pm

Spry menu views fine in Safari- It's a mess in IE. Could anyone please assist?
Here is a link:
http://www.gsd.k12.ms.us/welcome11.html

I would really appreciate input. I have tried most of the solutions on the postings, but I have had no success in finding a remedy.

Thanks

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Abraham ChaffinRe: spry menu in IE
by on Aug 3, 2010 at 6:27:38 pm

You have two Spry menu css files in there that might be creating the conflict.

<link href="SpryAssets/SpryMenuBarHorizontal.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
<link href="SpryAssets/SpryMenuBarVertical.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

Remove the Vertical one as I believe you are only using the Horizontal.

Abraham

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Gail DaigneaultRe: spry menu in IE
by on Aug 3, 2010 at 6:57:20 pm

Thank you for your reply, but the drop-down menus are still going sideways- Do you have any other ideas that might help?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Aug 3, 2010 at 8:24:59 pm

Try adding this styling to your style-sheet:

ul.MenuBarHorizontal li ul li{
float: left;
clear: left;
}

If you have set the width property of the ul.MenuBarHorizontal to auto then you are going to experience IE messing the spry menu bar up.

Abraham

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Aug 3, 2010 at 9:51:26 pm

I added the code you sent to the end of my spry code-The the width property of the ul.MenuBarHorizontal is set to auto -so what should I set it to?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Aug 4, 2010 at 1:52:54 pm

Hoorah!! The dropdown menus are working!!!! Thank you very much!! I worked for days trying to figure this out- I really appreciate your help- I had almost given up.

However, the size of the type is showing up differently in Safari and IE-therefore, the menu bar is too long in IE-If I make the type smaller it will work in IE (Ithink), but it will be too smaIl in Safari-I set width property of the ul.MenuBarHorizontal to inherit . Could you please give me a suggestion of how to solve this problem?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Aug 4, 2010 at 4:05:37 pm

I tend to use a px value as this seems to be pretty uniform across browsers. Try setting a value of 12px for normal size font, 10px is a little smaller, 14px is a little larger, etc.

Abraham

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Aug 4, 2010 at 7:31:29 pm

Thank you for all of your help!!!!! I really appreciate your assistance in fixing this spry menu. I am very pleased with the appropriate appearance in several browsers!

Gail

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]