Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE DREAMWEAVER:HomeDreamweaver ForumDreamweaver TutorialsFAQAdobe FlashWeb Design

Dreamweaver CS4 Error

COW Forums : Adobe Dreamweaver

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Dan-Reina AquinoDreamweaver CS4 Error
by on Jun 4, 2009 at 7:04:33 pm

I am redesigning a website and downloaded an html file from her present contact page. I opened it in Dreamweaver and I started to have this errors. The html file I opened has some JavaScripts in it and I believe, the the scripts got a conflict with Dreamweaver CS4. I already deleted these files I tried to open and still I'm encountering these errors.

These are the errors I'm getting:

1. When I open the Dreamweaver, this message pop-ups:
"While executing onLoad in RecordsetFind.htm, the following JavaScript error(s) occured:
In file "RecordsetFind"
findRs is not defined."
2. I click OK. Then I'm getting this message:
"While executing onLoad in Design Notes_onOpen.htm, the following JavaScript error(s) occured:
In file "Design Notes_onOpen"
onOpen is not defined."
3. I just click OK. Then, when I open an html file to edit or create a new one, this error pops up again:
"While executing onLoad in Design Notes_onOpen.htm, the following JavaScript error(s) occured:
In file "Design Notes_onOpen"
onOpen is not defined."
4. I will again just click OK, then this error appears:
"The following translators were not loaded due to errors:
Coldfusion.htm: has configuration information that is invalid.
SpryWidget.htm: has configuration information that is invalid."
5. Then, I will just click OK again. Then, when I'm working with the projects or creating a new project with Spry, it is not working properly anymore. I have to go the code and update the Spry list or content manually.
6. When I close Dreamweaver, I'm always having this error:
"While executing onLoad in TeamAdminTempDelete.html, the following JavaScript error(s) occured:
In file "TeamAdminTempDelete"
delTempFile is not defined"

I tried uninstalling the Dreamweaver and installing it again, but it did not work.

What should I do to make the spry working again and to remove all these annoying errors? By the way, all my Spry widgets are not working and these errors I'm encountering in all of the Sites I'm working on. How can I make it work again? I tried looking for troubleshoot in CS4, but I could not see one, only in CS3.

Please help.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Fernando MolRe: Dreamweaver CS4 Error
by on Jun 4, 2009 at 9:47:24 pm

It sounds like a lot of external files linked also a database.

You can use the clean up tool in the Commands menu (Clean up HTML) and see how much garbage you get rid off.

Also, my guess is your document has links to some external files and you are not downloading them.

Download the entire site. If it's too big then look into your code for any external files and download them.

I hope this helps

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Shawn LloydRe: Dreamweaver CS4 Error
by on Jun 5, 2009 at 6:30:54 pm

I agree, sounds like a database thing. Is this Dan Aquino from Florida? Anna's Dan?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Post removed.

tanaka arataRe: Dreamweaver CS4 Error
by on Jun 13, 2009 at 12:58:42 am

If the cash to clear the problem is not resolved yet and, java is the question.

In my case, the control panel javaś∂ąSHITARA the cache at a problem from the Internet is resolved.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Damian WhelanRe: Dreamweaver CS4 Error
by on Aug 10, 2009 at 11:59:18 am

Hi,

I'm having the exact same problems with dreamweaver cs4 . Have you discovered the cause and solution yet?
It is not a database or external linking problem as suggested by others in this thread.
These errors are happening on first opening dreamweaver, opening and closing any files and also when closing dreamweaver itself.
I have searched the interent and this is the only place i've found that references this error.

Any Help would be greatly appreciated

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Aug 10, 2009 at 3:26:12 pm

Here's how to solve this problem. It's an internal javascript problem within dreamweaver, follow the troubleshooting instructions below and everything should start working as normal.

Basically just find that filecache.dat file and delete.

4. Delete FileCache.dat files from the Dreamweaver user configuration folder.
Delete the WinFileCache-7A9586CB.dat, MacFileCache-BFE7CE2E.dat, or FileCache.dat file from the Dreamweaver user configuration folder. It is recommended to delete the FileCache.dat file if you are experiencing a JavaScript error related to "dwscripts" or if you are receiving a "translators were not loaded" error message. The string of characters after "FileCache-" may differ on your machine. The location of the FileCache.dat file depends your operating system and your version of Dreamweaver. Note that on Windows, the Application Data and AppData folders are hidden by default, so verify that your Windows Explorer folder options are set to View Hidden Folders.

Dreamweaver CS4 on Windows Vista:
\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\Adobe\Dreamweaver CS4\Configuration
\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CS4\Configuration

Dreamweaver CS4 on Macintosh:
/Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Dreamweaver CS4/
Mac HD/Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Dreamweaver 10/

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+3

by on Aug 10, 2009 at 3:29:25 pm

Sorry, I meant to post the link - http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/405/kb405604.html

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Richard WilliamsRe: Dreamweaver CS4 Error
by on Aug 10, 2009 at 7:17:36 pm

Thanks Damian

Richard Williams
p.s. Please remember to rate our post replies and tick if solved. Also, please remember that we here are NOT employed by Adobe, we do this out of love and fun, so its always nice to recieve a Please and Thank You! :o)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Marc SullivanRe: Dreamweaver CS4 Error
by on Aug 15, 2009 at 1:44:31 pm

CreativeCow comes through with a solution, once again.

I was experiencing the same issue, and was about to do an uninstall/reinstall when I found this thread. The .dat file in my configuration folder had a different file name, WinFileCache-B74380D6.dat. It was the only WinFileCache.dat file present, so I deleted it. Problem solved, and what a simple solution.

Thank you, Damian.

Cheers, Richard.

This is, IMO, one of the most useful, helpful and informative forums on the internet.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Debra ScottRe: Dreamweaver CS4 Error
by on Sep 2, 2009 at 5:29:53 am

Hi,

I can't seem to find documents and settings in windows vista. I am getting these errors all of a sudden xtdISProScript.htm has configuration information that is invalid and csspInitpreview delete fcMark is not defined. Can you please help me get rid of these errors.

thanks

Deb

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

gil sanjuanRe: Dreamweaver CS4 failure
by on Oct 24, 2009 at 5:12:34 pm

Go, I pass this error, And easily solved thanks to this post, A salute to the community, From mexico, Thanks.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Steve BrueckRe: Dreamweaver CS4 Error
by on Aug 18, 2010 at 1:27:52 pm

Any other ideas? I found the .dat file and deleted but still get errors. I get errors when I try to insert a table, I get an error on startup, error on shutdown. All appear to be javascript errors.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

David BairdRe: Dreamweaver CS4 Error
by on Sep 3, 2010 at 1:06:46 pm

I want to thank you for this fix. Worked perfect. Dreamweaver started slow the first time but started and closed properly, without the error message.

If usefull, here was my path on XP SP3 to the over 2K file that I deleted...

C:\Documents and Settings\[Owner]\Application Data\Adobe\Dreamweaver CS4\en_US\Configuration

Thanks for the fix.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Fernando MoyotaRe: Dreamweaver CS4 Error
by on Sep 21, 2010 at 9:22:32 pm

This solutions was worked
but in Win7 you must find on C:\Users\{userName}\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CS4\en_US\Configuration\SiteCache\WinFileCache-**********.dat

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jaime JimenezRe: Dreamweaver CS4 Error
by on Oct 19, 2011 at 3:57:36 pm

This took care of the problem. Thank you.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

shufen zhuoRe: Dreamweaver CS4 Error
by on Nov 18, 2009 at 1:54:38 pm

hi, i face the same errors but i cant seem to find the directory -Vista: C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CS4\\Configuration

what can i do about it?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Bob SpierRe: Dreamweaver CS4 Error
by on Dec 24, 2009 at 8:36:30 pm

Check the Adobe pages for this.
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/405/kb405604.html

I tried all the steps in this link,
but the REAL fix for me was to let Dreamweaver recreate the Configuration folder.
Here's the notes:
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/401/kb401118.html

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mat PiraniRe: Dreamweaver CS4 Error
by on Apr 29, 2010 at 12:01:12 am

I have this error and have tried all of the Adobe fixs and it still will not work.
I contacted Adobe support today and they said to get on these forums as they cant help with coding errors.

When i try to insert a Record I get the following error:

while executing onLoad in InsertRecord.htm, the following JavaScript error(s) occurred:
At line 665 of file "C:\Program Files\Adobe DreamweaverCS4\Configaration\ServerBehaviours\PHP_ MySQL\InsertRecord.js":
name has no properties

Line 655

if (columnName.toUpperCase() == name.toUpperCase())

Im running Win 7 32bit

I contacted Adobe support today and they said to get on these forums as they cant help with coding errors.

I have formatted my Pc and reinstalled and the same error comes up. If I try to edit and existing insert record it works fine, when I create a new page and then try to add a new insert recordset i get this erro again.

i have since reinstalled Windows & 32Bit to see if that helped, nope. I have installed no extensions its a clean install.

I have done all there trouble shooting and still the problem.

Any help after spending a small fortune on this software.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Fernando MolRe: Dreamweaver CS4 Error
by on Apr 29, 2010 at 2:51:07 am

Did you say that Adobe support guys send you here?

Weird.

Anyway, it seems to me that you are talking about a connection problem. Does your problem happens in your local testing environment or when you upload?

If you reinstalled your system, your local server, php, database and Dreamweaver, then you'll need to start your configuration again. It's possible that DW lost track of the local connections, but it's hard for me to guess with the info you posted.

Double check you didn't change your paths or structure in any configuration.

I hope this helps

*Always share a link to your site and rate the posts. This is a free service for you and for us.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mat PiraniRe: Dreamweaver CS4 Error
by on Apr 29, 2010 at 3:01:04 am

The error I get is in the local machine.
i have recreated the connection created a form and selected to insert record from the server panel.
This is when i get the error.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Margie MackrellRe: Dreamweaver CS4 Error
by on Nov 11, 2010 at 11:39:55 pm

I wanted to thank you for the fix, it's greatly appreciated.

Margie

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]