Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE DREAMWEAVER:HomeDreamweaver ForumDreamweaver TutorialsFAQAdobe FlashWeb Design

DWcs4

COW Forums : Adobe Dreamweaver

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Al BeebeDWcs4
by on Mar 24, 2009 at 4:34:16 pm

Hi I have a problem. I made a flamming flash text for our fire dept and was able to get it centered ( thanks to your forum) but now it wont allow me to seperate from the header ( the flash). I have tried a horizontal rule that didnt work, I tried a div tag that didnt work. What I want to do if you can envision this, is put the flash in centered at top of page ( as Header or title) then drop down a couple spaces and place a scrolling text app or whatever you call it, to the left or right side of page so I can add buttons to the other side but I cant get DWcs4 to recognize it as being seperate from the flash everytime I hit the align right or left it moves the flash left or right. Any help would be appreciated
thanks
AL

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Abraham ChaffinRe: DWcs4
by on Mar 24, 2009 at 8:58:27 pm

Generally when you hit the left align, center or right align buttons it is centering everything inside of the content holder "div", "span", "table cell", "paragraph" or the like. What you will need to do is insert a new div below the flash header and then align the content in that div as you want.

Insert > Layout Objects > Div Tag

You will probably want to have a soft break first in between the flash content and the div by using [shift+return].

Abraham

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Al BeebeRe: DWcs4
by on Mar 24, 2009 at 10:27:23 pm

Thank you for your response to my question I tried what you said to do and It is still doing the same I insert my div tag after the soft break and tried to align to left and it moved the flash header to the left again. I even tried to do a soft break 1 line beyond the div tag and that didnt work either, I know it is proabally a somehting dumb I am doing or just overlooking.

Thanks
Al

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Richard WilliamsRe: DWcs4
by on Mar 25, 2009 at 10:08:17 pm

Al, post a link up if you can and we'll sort it.

Alternatively... (whispers) Try putting it into a table, 1 column x 3 rows, and in the top cell put your flash, and align it centrally, then in another cell, put your other things and align it as you wish... this will work first time for you

:o)

Richard Williams

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Mar 26, 2009 at 12:17:16 am

where to post it i can send you the html code but I dont have the site or hosted yet sorry am very new to all this I was hardware before this A+ and MCP and I thought about the table thing too I will give that a try right now thanks.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Mar 26, 2009 at 12:20:24 am

I have another goofy problem I dont know what I did but I tried to set my background color to black that is what the web is going to be all black well when in split mode in Dwcs4 the stinking html background turned black and I can't get to go back to white. I am beginging not to like DW cs4 at all.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]