Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE DREAMWEAVER:HomeDreamweaver ForumDreamweaver TutorialsFAQAdobe FlashWeb Design

putting text in my box...........?

COW Forums : Adobe Dreamweaver

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
kira askaroffputting text in my box...........?
by on Oct 18, 2008 at 11:02:25 am

Hi,

i am a beginner with dreamweaver and have been trying to work out how to do something that seems fairly simple all day so please help me work it out!

i have attached a picture which i think explains it better but basically i am wanting to have a page in my site that has a table of links that, when clicked, make small bits of text information appear in a box. so the page itself doesn't have to reload with every link.

this would all be in a layer ontop of an image...

sorry this sounds really boring but please look at my picture and help i am completely stuck! even an indication for what i should be searching for on google would be a major help! I know this must be a common thing to do as i have seen it on websites so often.

thank you very much!

p.s you can see the picture here:

http://www.webdesignerforum.co.uk/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=2099

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

kira askaroffRe: putting text in my box...........?
by on Oct 20, 2008 at 8:52:08 am

here is an example:

http://www.metrotango.co.uk/essence/3d.html

click the texts top right and text appears left... does anyone know of a tutorial about this? please guide me in the right direction!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Abraham ChaffinRe: putting text in my box...........?
by on Oct 21, 2008 at 4:01:42 pm

The link that you provided does go to different urls when you click on the links. Each page is a different url and static with its own complete content. If you were going to build this in Dreamweaver you should use templates or ssi (server side includes).

I suggest you start with these methods or use an iframe and target your url to that frame. Other methods of adding content to pages without frames and without loading a different page are a little more complicated and not something to tackle unless you know a lot about the way html and javascript works.

Abraham

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]