Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE DREAMWEAVER:HomeDreamweaver ForumDreamweaver TutorialsFAQAdobe FlashWeb Design

changing a static site to a dynamin site

COW Forums : Adobe Dreamweaver

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
JoePukchanging a static site to a dynamin site
by on Jul 2, 2007 at 11:48:44 am

Hi,

I am looking to update a static html site for a media production company into a dynamic site which uses a back-end database. Ideally the new site should allow non-technical staff to change the copy of pages and upload new photos/images/video and possibly create new pages.

I know html and css, but have no previous experience of dynamic websites so this project will be a steep learning curve.

I have looked into the various ways of doing this and have come to the conclusion that PHP and MySQL could be the way to go. I would welcome anyones thoughts,opinions and words of wisdom on whether using Dreamweaver for this project would be a good way to go.

Also I have seen that flash is able to work with databases so I also wondered whether this could be another option?

Joe

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

seandon01Re: changing a static site to a dynamin site
by on Jul 18, 2007 at 5:24:37 pm

Hey, php and mysql is a great choice for a dynamic system. You may want to look into some FREE pre-exisitng Content Management Systems that are out there, before you go and try to code it yourself. A couple systems are:
Joomla
Typo3
wordpress - typically for bloggers, but ive seen it used as a full CMS
Drupal

many many more.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

JoePukRe: changing a static site to a dynamin site
by on Jul 19, 2007 at 11:13:07 am

Hi, Thanks for the advice on the free CMS's - they could be the way to go i think!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]