Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE FLASH:HomeFlash ForumFlash TutorialsFlash Video TutorialsWeb Streaming ForumAdobe FlashPodcast

How to make video with interactive hot spots (for links, overlays, downloads)

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Mark PalmosHow to make video with interactive hot spots (for links, overlays, downloads)
by on Jan 14, 2011 at 12:30:12 am

Hi guys, I posted this message a couple of weeks ago in the video encoding forum but got no responses, so I think I may have more luck here...

I am increasingly being asked to provide web video which contains clickable hotspots to either emphasise a point, link to a supporting document/image or link to another site or a BUY NOW button.

I have managed to find some sites online, largely companies who provide a service for doing this, but then you have to pay them for the service, and the overlay content is hosted by them.

Do any of you know how to do these kinds of things with flash or other software one could buy or with a service that allowed you to keep the overlay assets on your host site?

Last thing, I am not a coder but a video producer, so am not adept in flash, and can do a basic web site myself.

Advice much appreciated!
tx
Mark.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mike SmithRe: How to make video with interactive hot spots (for links, overlays, downloads)
by on Jan 14, 2011 at 9:18:11 am

Flash will do this. The "easy way" will be to produce an swf player for each target video.

If your hotspots can be permanent throughout the length of the video, you can build them as simple virtually-transparent shapes that won't be noticed but can be treated as buttons.

If you want the hotspots to change as the movie goes along, you will need to read metadata from the flv and write script to make buttons active or not, and to position them, at appropriate times in the movie playback.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mark PalmosRe: How to make video with interactive hot spots (for links, overlays, downloads)
by on Jan 14, 2011 at 9:35:04 am

Hi Mike

Thanks for the response...
Yes, I want the hotspots to be on certain areas at certain times...
And it sounds above my ability to use flash to do it... which is why, I guess, there are expensive online services that make it relatively easy.

I wonder if there is an app that specifically does this job.

Tx again,
Mark.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mike SmithRe: How to make video with interactive hot spots (for links, overlays, downloads)
by on Jan 14, 2011 at 11:03:35 am

I don't know this app, but it seems to say the right things ... might be worth a trial, if they offer one .. http://www.flashloaded.com/flashcomponents/hotflashvideo/ ... if you try it and it works out, let us know !

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mark PalmosRe: How to make video with interactive hot spots (for links, overlays, downloads)
by on Jan 14, 2011 at 11:51:30 pm

Thanks Mike, that looks pretty good, though I will have to see how easy the scripting is and also what kind of actions there are, the demo shows text appearing, but I will find out if a click can go to another web page / download a file / open a window with a lot more text than in the demo etc...

Cheers for the heads up though, I will do some research.

Kind regards,
Mark.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jake WindersRe: How to make video with interactive hot spots (for links, overlays, downloads)
by on Feb 26, 2011 at 6:09:51 pm

I too would like to use a flash extension for for creating an interactive video overlay, but after doing some research on the link above I found out that it does not work for CS5. Why would this be if both CS4 and CS5 use the same action script?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

alex mooseRe: How to make video with interactive hot spots (for links, overlays, downloads)
by on Sep 3, 2012 at 6:15:20 am

To make video with interactive hot spots, you can try an ppt to flash videos converter software which allow to create video from your PPT written documents. AS well as you can also place your hyperlinks here and make your flash video with interactive hot spots.

I think this method will help you.... if you have any problem while making ppt to flash videos then you can visit : http://www.ppttoflash.org

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]