Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE FLASH:HomeFlash ForumFlash TutorialsFlash Video TutorialsWeb Streaming ForumAdobe FlashPodcast

Seemless Video in Flash

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Michael WilfongSeemless Video in Flash
by on Jun 15, 2009 at 4:56:13 pm

I am working on an interactive presentation in Flash. The presentation is video contained within flash. I have built custom animations (Audio Included) in AfterEffects to play back-to-back seamlessly in Flash.(Last frame of video 1 matches first frame of video 2) It is supposed to look seamless, however, I am getting flashes of white at the beginning of some clips. The flashes are maybe two seconds long.

I am using Flash CS3 and I have tried importing the videos several different ways (as progressive download, and as embedding which works much better). The videos are encoded out of Flash Video Encoder at 3500Kb with keyrames every 15 frames and a framrate of 30FPS.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Michael W.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

demetri tashieRe: Seemless Video in Flash
by on Jun 15, 2009 at 7:40:20 pm

hi michael -
i have worked on that very problem coming up with various solutions. the way that i accomplish that best, is not necessarialy the most popular way.

i'll have 2 instances of the FLVPlayback component ( one called flvPlayer 1, the other flvPlayer2 ) with flvPlayer1 positioned exactly on top of flvPlayer2. player2 is loaded but has autoPlay set to false.
then, on COMPLETE playing of player 1, player 2 plays,and player 1 visibility s turned off, or removedChild etc. it works seamlessly for me.

import fl.video.FLVPlayback;
import fl.video.VideoEvent;

flvPlayer1.source="video1.flv";
flvPlayer2.source="video2.flv";
flvPlayer2.autoPlay=false;

flvPlayer.addEventListener(VideoEvent.COMPLETE, myFunction );

function myFunction(event:VideoEvent):void{
{flvPlayer2.play();flvPlayer.stop();flvPlayer1.visible=false;}
}

hope that helps

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Michael WilfongRe: Seemless Video in Flash
by on Jun 15, 2009 at 10:07:31 pm

it's a tricky beast that seems easy...I've figured out another way to do it but if we run into any more problems I'll try that method...thanks sooo much for the help!!
Michael W.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]