Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE FLASH:HomeFlash ForumFlash TutorialsFlash Video TutorialsWeb Streaming ForumAdobe FlashPodcast

Best Way to Convert Video File to SWF Video?

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Truman KingBest Way to Convert Video File to SWF Video?
by on Feb 13, 2007 at 7:09:55 pm

Does anyone have any suggestions for the best way to convert video to stand alone swf video file that can be uploaded to a website? Thanks!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

grafxflowRe: Best Way to Convert Video File to SWF Video?
by on Feb 13, 2007 at 8:37:00 pm

Hi,

Does it have to be swf, can't it be flv?

regards
grafxflow

grafx that flow!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Truman KingRe: Best Way to Convert Video File to SWF Video?
by on Feb 13, 2007 at 8:58:03 pm

It has to be SWF. I'm uploading to a site that only takes SWF. I can get really nice looking flv files but have been stymied in a bunch of different ways trying to get a good SWF. Best I've been able to manage so far has been with SourceTek's Sothink SWF Quicker. It is indeed fast but only seems able to create swf's playing correctly at 12 fps.

I'm considering breaking down and purchasing the upgrade to Sorenson 4.5 (which I believe would get me there) but I'd rather find a cheaper alternative.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Feb 13, 2007 at 10:56:42 pm

Hi,

Tried looking around but found nothing. Sounds like your a bit stuck.. Either:

If using flash 8 import the video and choose the option to 'embed video in SWF and play in timeline'.

Get intouch with the server provider and ask them to activate the mime type for flv.

grafxflow

grafx that flow!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Truman KingRe: Best Way to Convert Video File to SWF Video?
by on Feb 14, 2007 at 12:37:12 am

Yes, it seems that unless they will permit flv then I'm stuck with using QT, WMV, or MPEG instead. Correct me if I'm wrong buy flash is really delivering a much better picture quality for web-based apps than these old standbys. Correct?

And thank you very much Grfx for looking into this!

btw, I just checked out your reel and it's really nice!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Feb 14, 2007 at 1:57:38 pm

Cheers, I hope to have another showreel up and running when I get the time.

But back to the issue, it shouldn't be such a big issue for your services provider.. may only take them a few minutes if that.

If using wmv's most pc's will be okay in the browser, but then most apple macs won't. I suggest not going down this route.

With quicktime you can create an mpg4 ipod style = small file good quality. But it comes down to the old detection of latest/software installed from the browser again.

At least with a muxed mpg it should play on both mac and pc = quicktime and windows media player. Again this should be a last resort.

If you wish to get around the server problem, then try embedding the flv movie into a swf file, and publish as a swf. Not ideal but I suggest the best option.

regards
grafxflow

grafx that flow!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]