Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE FLASH:HomeFlash ForumFlash TutorialsFlash Video TutorialsWeb Streaming ForumAdobe FlashPodcast

Video control transparency

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Rich ReardonVideo control transparency
by on Dec 30, 2005 at 10:33:35 pm

I'm revisiting Lee's flv control tutorials, and I'm wondering if the on-screen controls (buttons, scrubber, etc) could be invisible until a mouseover, at which time they become visible and actionable.
Possible?
Thanks

When it is not necessary to do something, it becomes necessary NOT to do it.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

LeeBrimelowRe: Video control transparency
by on Dec 30, 2005 at 10:44:54 pm

Yes it is very easy to do. Basically you could put an invisible button over your video which would control when to show the controls. The controls would have to be inside a MovieClip so you could show and hide them as a whole.

Lee

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

lajoietRe: Video control transparency
by on Jan 4, 2006 at 2:14:00 am

Or just have a blank first frame of the button, and the actual symbol on the "over" and "down" frames, and of course an area on the "hit" frame. This would work for the buttons (ffwd, rewd, play, pause, etc...). If you wanted to do it with the scrubber and progress bars (but I don't seen the point in an invisible progress bar) you would probably need to play with changing the _alpha values during onMouseOver and such properties.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]