Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE FLASH:HomeFlash ForumFlash TutorialsFlash Video TutorialsWeb Streaming ForumAdobe FlashPodcast

user tracking component?

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Peter Ralphuser tracking component?
by on Dec 30, 2005 at 10:26:25 pm

anyone know of a flash component designed to track users through a flash site? Is there a way to read a users IP address inside flash?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

LeeBrimelowRe: user tracking component?
by on Dec 30, 2005 at 10:43:28 pm

Best way would be to use something like PHP to get that information and then pass it into Flash. Check the help files though. There may be something in Flash to grab an IP. I just don't know of anything offhand.

Lee

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Peter RalphRe: user tracking component?
by on Dec 31, 2005 at 1:49:16 am

yes it wouldn't be too difficult to pass a variable through, but there is a lot of grunt work here, seems someone like flashloaded would have stepped up - there is clearly a lot of demand for user profiling, and many options in the html world. I think before I went to the trouble of coding the routines to record and log all the activity I would split the swfs into separate html windows.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]