Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE FLASH:HomeFlash ForumFlash TutorialsFlash Video TutorialsWeb Streaming ForumAdobe FlashPodcast

different results on IE and firefox

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
renatodifferent results on IE and firefox
by on Dec 26, 2005 at 2:52:23 am

hello,

We just finished a website and we are getting a weird last problem.. Everything on the site seems to work perfectly on firefox, but when I test it in Internet Explorer, the multimidia page doesnt work(none of buttons of the page is active), and the text dissappears on the bio page. Some of the mouseover images get out of place in IE but they all look perfect in firefox..

The site was programmed by my girlfriend using flash 8, and I was responsible for creating, painting and textures.. I want to try to help her find out whats wrong so we can be done with the project..

Any ideas on how to solve this will be highly appreciated.. Please let me know if I have to provide more information

the link for the page: http://www.djrodrigoleal.com

kind regards
happy holidays

renato

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

DesignDime29Re: different results on IE and firefox
by on Dec 27, 2005 at 10:54:29 pm

renato-

viewed and tested your page in both my IE ver6.0 and Firefox ver1.0.6
Rollovers were in place in IE, all buttons in multimidia worked and saw all the text on the bio page.

Have a few other people from remote computers try it out too maybe?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

renatoRe: different results on IE and firefox
by on Dec 28, 2005 at 12:06:02 am

Hello,

thanks a lot for your reply and for taking your time to test it for me.. We did ask some friends to test it before I created the post and we are getting some people that have the problem and some people that dont.. but we still cant figure out where its coming from...

I will post the solution here if we ever find out...meanwhile all suggestions are welcome..

kind regards
rentao

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

renatosolved..or almost...
by on Dec 28, 2005 at 1:57:01 am

hello,

I posted the same question on the sitegrinder forums and Chris Perkins, one of the admins there helped me solve the problem. he told me:

========================

Your page seems to have some javascript to check for the latest flash, but I notice that your "embed" tag is still using Flash 7.

Code:
codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=7,0,19,0"

I think if you update that it might work.

========================

So I changed the 7 into an 8 and now it works perfect on IE...but I just found out the same problem is happening in opera...so now I need to try to find a solution for that...even tho its not as important..

thanks for all the help, any ideas on how to solve the opera issue is appreciated

kind regards,
renato

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]