Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE FLASH:HomeFlash ForumFlash TutorialsFlash Video TutorialsWeb Streaming ForumAdobe FlashPodcast

loading a swf into a another swf?

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
katherineloading a swf into a another swf?
by on May 4, 2005 at 4:28:09 pm

Is there any way of loading a swf into another swf , other than the loadmovie command. I want to take a video swf file compressed by squeeze, load it in to flash, embed some functionality, and then export the whole thing as one single swf. I could create an flv in squeeze rather than a swf if that would help, but the final file has to run in Flash 6.

Or is there some way of taking 2 swfs and concatenating them into 1?

I can get the result I want by compressing the original .mov file in flash MX 2004 pro, but everyone says I will have a big quality advantage by using squeeze.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

LeeBrimelowRe: loading a swf into a another swf?
by on May 4, 2005 at 4:35:52 pm

You can definitely create a SWF file that has your SWF video and some controls in it. Then you could load that SWF into another one. As for FLV vs SWF, if you are aiming for Flash player 6 then it will have to be SWF.

And yes Sorenson Squeeze will give you a HUGE increase in quality.

Lee

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

katherineRe: loading a swf into a another swf?
by on May 4, 2005 at 4:55:06 pm

Lee, how do you load one swf into another and then export the whole thing as a single swf? Using the loadmovie command you end up with 2 swfs.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 4, 2005 at 5:24:38 pm

Oh I see what you mean now. You can open an FLA file and then import a SWF into a movieclip. If you go to File->Import to Stage you can import your SWF. It will come in as a series of keyframes though.

Another option would be to open both FLA files at the same time and then you can drag assets from one library to another and create a single FLA file.

Lee

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 4, 2005 at 5:39:10 pm

Yes the problem is that the first swf comes from squeeze not flash, so there is no .fla. If I import the video swf onto the stage it creates a bunch of keframes but they all seem to be empty? If I publish the swf after importing the video swf to the stage, the new swf is empty (4kb), am I missing something?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 4, 2005 at 5:47:26 pm

That is strange. I just tried it myself and it is indeed empty when I try to import it. Let me look into it a bit more.

Lee

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Peter RalphRe: loading a swf into a another swf?
by on May 4, 2005 at 6:17:10 pm

Lee

That is also what I have seen when importing a video swf onto the stage in flash. But AFAIK importing flvs onto the stage works fine - and if you set the publish settings to Flash Player 6 then the resulting swf plays fine in v6.

Or at least flash does not complain when you publish the swf set to v6. It won't allow you to publish to v5. I have the v7 player installed so I'm not 100% sure the swf containing the flv plays in v6.

It doesnt make sense that a swf containing an flv plays in v6, does flash recompress the flv or.....?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

katherineaudio sync
by on May 4, 2005 at 7:44:59 pm

The flvs do play back, but the audio is waaaaaaaay out of sync - audio is a lot slower. Any ideas what I could try to correct that?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

LeeBrimelowRe: audio sync
by on May 4, 2005 at 7:52:49 pm

I'm not sure if this is possible but you could argue the point that the Flash 7 player is widespread enough now for most applications and you could point to major sites like Amazon who are putting out Flash 7 content on a regular basis.

As for the audio sync problem it could come from the fact that you are using an FLV and are exporting for Flash 6.

Lee

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

katherineRe: audio sync
by on May 4, 2005 at 8:21:48 pm

thanks Lee, no I was exporting to Flash player 7, I forgot to change the setting. I'm on a mac, it seems that a lot of people are having sync problems with flvs on mac. I think amazon do a browser check for the flash player.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 4, 2005 at 8:38:33 pm

Lee so if the flv won't work for me do you have any idea why a swf imported to the stage does not appear?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]