Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
MAXON CINEMA 4D:Cinema 4D ForumCinema 4D TutorialsCinema 4D TagAdobe After Effects Forum

3D object onto moving object in a video background

COW Forums : Syntheyes

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Jesse Meyer3D object onto moving object in a video background
by on Aug 13, 2012 at 10:25:46 pm

Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding the workflow and techniques for creating/compositing a 3D object created in C4D onto a moving object in the background filmed background.

I have experience with the workflow for adding objects into static footage using C4D and AE (you can see an example here: http://vimeo.com/42345884) and I understand the concept of tracking a moving camera except in my case the camera will be static.

In the scene, the camera will be static and there will be a skateboard moving in the shot from left to right. I need to have the 3D pig from the above example riding on the moving skateboard.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Jesse

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Ruud van GervenRe: 3D object onto moving object in a video background
by on Aug 18, 2012 at 6:58:46 pm

Hey Jesse,

I can't see your video, but i think i know what you mean. What you are looking for is object tracking. After effects does have tracking plugins but i'm not sure if they support moving objects. I know that Syntheyes supports moving objects. With syntheyes u can track your skateboard footage and export points or a mesh to c4d. Then u can place your pig model at those points or mesh.

Grtz Ruud

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]