Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
MAXON CINEMA 4D:Cinema 4D ForumCinema 4D TutorialsCinema 4D TagAdobe After Effects Forum

Cinema 4D - Dynamically working with files

COW Forums : Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Mark HetheringtonCinema 4D - Dynamically working with files
by on Aug 2, 2012 at 10:35:07 am

Hiya,

I'm a little bit of a newbie with Cinema 4D and need a little help with some 3D work I'm creating.

I'm developing a interior model of a secondary school with modular classrooms and offices etc.

I have the master environment, call it the hallway and I've been creating each classroom in separate files. Now I want to import the classroom into the hallway environment, which I have easily done. However, what I want is the ability to work on the classroom file (externally from the hallway) and have it automatically update in the hallway file.

I'm using Cinema 4D V11 on a Mac.

I come from a video production background and know that this is possible with software for such, but is it possible to do this with Cinema 4D?

I could then get a whole team developing elements for the school and have them all update in the main environment.

Sorry if I've waffled a bit, and any help would be great.

Many thank
Mark

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Darby EdelenRe: Cinema 4D - Dynamically working with files
by on Aug 2, 2012 at 3:02:03 pm

I believe you'll want to use an XRef. I haven't used them in my own work so I'm not the right person to answer too many questions, but I did find this page:

http://www.cafedownloads.com/reviews/r105/xrefs.html

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]