Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
MAXON CINEMA 4D:Cinema 4D ForumCinema 4D TutorialsCinema 4D TagAdobe After Effects Forum

R12 project file in R13 with dynamics

COW Forums : Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Mike ThrockR12 project file in R13 with dynamics
by on Jul 16, 2012 at 7:54:17 pm

I've opened an older project that I made in R12, in R13. The dynamics simulations are way off from where they we're in R12.

Were there changes to the dynamics systems in the update that would cause this?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Brian JonesRe: R12 project file in R13 with dynamics
by on Jul 17, 2012 at 3:57:46 am

not that I know of (Adam or someone might know better). Have you changed the computer (particularly the processor) in that time as well?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mike ThrockRe: R12 project file in R13 with dynamics
by on Jul 17, 2012 at 5:42:17 am

Both have changed, older 8 core model to new 12 core.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Brian JonesRe: R12 project file in R13 with dynamics
by on Jul 17, 2012 at 2:03:36 pm

all simulations that require semi-random calculations change when you change the processors, differences in the floating point units (mostly) are responsible. It's the reason you should be using all the same chips in a render farm.
You moved from Xeon to Xeon but it's still a change of processor generation and it's doubtful (impossible) they would be the same. If you can use the old machine still you could bake the dynamics there and render on the new one.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mike ThrockRe: R12 project file in R13 with dynamics
by on Jul 17, 2012 at 6:07:26 pm

Good info, thanks. I have a rigid body breaking a shattered ground plane for an animation I did last year. Now my boss is having me go back and add to it, but the ground barely moves at all in R13.

Not a big problem, I just increased the mass of the rigid body and it works again. Thanks for the input.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]