Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
MAXON CINEMA 4D:Cinema 4D ForumCinema 4D TutorialsCinema 4D TagAdobe After Effects Forum

joining edges to extrude

COW Forums : Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Kelly Johnsonjoining edges to extrude
by on Jul 12, 2012 at 1:03:02 pm

picture viewing a cube at a 45degree angle from a side elevation....one of the edges between two corners is staring you in the face. (See attached)

4393_example.jpg.zip

I'm trying to grab the two polys on either side of the edge and wanting to pull-out that as one 'block'.

Extruding those polys of course just pulls each out along the axis they are on....leaving the edge between where it is...so I thought I could weld the points/edges so that I could pull out the highlighted polys as one unit but I'm not getting something.

If you remember the game QBert, there were blocks QBert would bounce on....so that's what I'm looking for...pulling the highlighted polys and the edge between them out as one unit.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Brian JonesRe: joining edges to extrude
by on Jul 12, 2012 at 2:16:04 pm

if you increase the Maximum Angle in Extrude (91° is enough) it will do what you want.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Kelly JohnsonRe: joining edges to extrude
by on Jul 13, 2012 at 12:39:10 am

Fantastic. Sometimes, google is great, other times, it's just better to come here and ask. Thanks Brian

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]